Thread: chat room

chat room

I was just wondering if there was a way to have a chat room on here? So everyone can talk without jumping from thread to thread.. or is there and I haven't found it yet..Just a thought..
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

Hi Shana......the flashchat button on the blue bar gets you into the chatroom

thank you.. I haven't had that much time to explore everytime i'm at the computer one of my kids wants something.
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

There's also the A/V Chat right next to it..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

the a/v chat used to be crackin in the evenings but not so much for a while now. I check in there from time to time but I've yet to find anyone in there ;/
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

ok whats the difference in flash chat and A/V? I asked this question before and no one could answer it. Does A/V mean audio visual and ya need a camera...dah.....I give up..

Quote Originally Posted by Princess "Leia"
    ok whats the difference in flash chat and A/V? I asked this question before and no one could answer it. Does A/V mean audio visual and ya need a camera...dah.....I give up..
    A/V chat means exactly that audio and visual chat room. You can utilize a Web camera and microphone in that chat room if you want but it is not necessary. The other chat room "flash chat" does not utilize Web cameras or microphones and it sometimes is problematic for some people.

The problem with the AV chat is that no one knows you are there unless they actually enter the chat. Regarding flash chat it sort of like fishing, you go in there and hang around, your name shows up on the list and hopefully someone takes the bait to come and join you LOL.

I hope my redneck explanation helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess "Leia"
    A/V chat uses the microphone and video camera on your computer, showing the picture and playing your voice for others. Flashchat is really just a text chat. For a long time, we only had a flashchat but Jeff installed the A/V chat for people who have difficulty typing. I guess you can also see the person.

Wise.