Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Introductions

I thought maybe we could get this forum rolling if those of us who are caregivers or family of SCI introduced ourselves and our situations to each other. I'm the sole caregiver for my husband who is a T-3 complete, post 5 months. Anyone else out there?

martha

Hi Martha, I am also sole caregiver for my husband who had a hemorrhage at the T4 level on December 23, 1999. Kathy

Intro

Hi,
    I am Tim, Patty's husband.
    She has a t-10 SCI and allows me to be her care giver on occasion. Patty is 10 years post injury, we have been married for 3 years.
    Tim

Introduction

I'm Vicky, the mother of a T11/T12 daughter [age 20, which I just cannot believe, but I'm working on it!!] Brianna was injured in a car accident two days before spring break in her senior year of high school (3-31-99). I'm the sole caregiver now; she had an aide for just over a year, which was a mixed blessing.

Hi

I am the care giver for my husband, he has a c5/6 injury, we've been together 20 years, he is 28 years post.

He works full time, I did too til I got laid off. Have to admit, it's kind of nice to have a little time.

I am the caregiver for my husband, Jeff. He was injured in an auto accident on May 6, 1999. He is a C5 incomplete. Jeff gets himself ready in the morning, but has an aide come in the mornings to help with showers (we do not have an accessible bathroom) and to drive him to therapy. The remainder of his care is up to me. It's hard sometimes working full time, taking care of house and taking care of him, but I wouldn't give him up for anything.

Hello

Hi my name is Lindsay Edwards. My husband is a C-5 Quad. We have been married now 1 year 3 months. He is almost 8 years post injury.

re intros

Hi, everyone, I'm an 'SCI-mom' too, of a 24 year old C4/5 son, who is almost at 3 years from his injury. I'm so glad this forum is available for us to share our experiences; thank you once again, Dr. Young! I think we all have so much to share with each other.

I read the thread about 'what is too much help'; subject is very much on the table for us right now! I got some good insights, and although we've started practicing 'tough love', it was a great reinforcement to continue!

Let's keep this forum really alive - it only works if we all contribute; even tho we may be on duty 24-7!

Intro

Hi
    I am Bethany. My boyfriend is a T4 incomplete T5 complete. His accident was in the early 80's and involved a motorcycle. He is amazingly very independent and takes care of himself. Which allows me to focus on all the other things I can do to make his life easier.

Intro

Hi Everyone,

I'm Marci. Im the mom to my lovely L1-3 incomplete nearly 15 year old daughter. (surgical accident, 12-13-00) She walks, but has much sensory, B&B troubles. Oh, and she is the principal oboe in the Sangamon Valley Youth Symphony...and homeschooled (Before and since the accident)

Good to meet you all.

M.Elston SCI Mom to 15YO incomplete L2-3