Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something strange happened today when I was with a couple friends for lunch

Something strange happened today when I was with a couple friends for lunch

Went to Cracker barrel with a couple friends after looking at Handcycles at Bike-On and the three of us are sitting there in our wheelchairs and this lady comes over with her husband standing well behind her (fearful of what she was saying obviously) and says to us "Wow, now I dont feel so bad seeing you three guys sitting there in wheelchairs, I pulled a muscle in my back and have been complaining to my husband about it, guess I cant complain anymore seeing the three of you guys in wheelchairs" Good thing I was not in one of my bad moods, I probabley would have picked her up and thrown her through the window. I was too tired to say anything as it was so hot out today, we all just looked up at her and looked back down and went on with our conversation, lol .
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I Was she blonde or jus stupid, ya know, mouth engaged b4 brain? Ifn' i was the husband I'd a been looooong gone.my gawd. And I'm new to this crapolla.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin'guy
    I Was she blonde or jus stupid, ya know, mouth engaged b4 brain?
    I do not understand the point of claiming her hair color as the culprit for the manner in which she engaged Curt.

it's because you were at cracker barrel...those places always have characters at them
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

You should have replied with: "I woke up this morning thinking I was stupid, and now I don't feel so bad."
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

That's horrid.

I want to know - did the woman gather that you weren't remotely happy about her speaking to you? Or was she just too stupid?

Or she realized that even on her worst days of back pain, She shouuld just shut up about it, cause there's always ALOT worse than you think you have it.

Just think, we have to struggle with our disabilities, but we at least know what they are. This woman has to live with her stupidity and doesn't even have a clue. Maybe we should feel sorry for her weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Or she realized that even on her worst days of back pain, She shouuld just shut up about it, cause there's always ALOT worse than you think you have it.
    I think that might have been what she was trying to say ..... even so, but I don;t know, she certainly doesn't sound like she has all her ducks in a row!

Even if she had conveyed the thought better, its still not something you go up to people and say!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005