Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any lawyers or realitors

No worries. I seen you were in Ok anyways I'm in cali so I couldn't do it anyways. Its actually the same as a car. A refinance is a refinance the only that changes is the amount. For a house worth 150k or if thats your loan amount then you should only be charged about 3k at the most. You should just be paying title and escrow fees. So i don't know where you got 7 thousand from. Plus if the house has equity they would take the money from your equity and not out of your pocket. You have the option of paying out of pocket as to not touch your equity. You can simply refinance with your same bank again as they do not charge you any fees to do so. If the broker you are going through is charging you fees then they are ripping you off. With the way the economy and the market is now there should be no reason for them to be charging you so much. It really is just a simple refinance to get her off. Don't get all stressed out over it. Plus if shes your ex then I am sure you don't want to put up with her bullshit if you don't have to right

breaking up sucks.. at least it's not a divorce - that is a real headache

Quote Originally Posted by arod636
    No worries. I seen you were in Ok anyways I'm in cali so I couldn't do it anyways. Its actually the same as a car. A refinance is a refinance the only that changes is the amount. For a house worth 150k or if thats your loan amount then you should only be charged about 3k at the most. You should just be paying title and escrow fees. So i don't know where you got 7 thousand from. Plus if the house has equity they would take the money from your equity and not out of your pocket. You have the option of paying out of pocket as to not touch your equity. You can simply refinance with your same bank again as they do not charge you any fees to do so. If the broker you are going through is charging you fees then they are ripping you off. With the way the economy and the market is now there should be no reason for them to be charging you so much. It really is just a simple refinance to get her off. Don't get all stressed out over it. Plus if shes your ex then I am sure you don't want to put up with her bullshit if you don't have to right
    Umm, arod? States are different on this kind of stuff. Maryland makes tons of bucks off housing fees. We talked about putting me on the title not the loan of this place while I was still in rehab and that required me to be there and sign everything. I could barely draw an X at the time. Later it would have required a refinance for just the title. I had a GI loan on our old townhouse we still had rented out. When I finally refinanced this one after selling the old place (was never going to move back into a 3 story townhouse) then my name went on everything and we paid, again, all the fees and taxes including housing inspection, more escrow, state this, that and courier fees. Courier? The place is 3 blocks away for $150?

Here a $150K house runs about $4500 in financing fees not counting realtor commissions or points. Oh, and if you pay points up front at closing--tax deductible. If you finance, not tax deductible.

If there's a legal aide place out your way ask if her income was not figured in the loan if she can be removed a bit more cheaply? If it's a VA loan or a state program type loan you may have a way out of a few fees but not much if it's like Maryland.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.