Thread: Bowel issue

Bowel issue

I'm a C5-6; I do my bowel program every other night. I take 1 colace every morning and night, 2 senekot the morning of the bowel program, and use 1 dulcolax suppository. My bowel program used to go really well, I could put the suppository in and get up 10 minutes later and I’d be going. And usually do a lot of it without any dig stem. But lately I’ve needed to wait 15-20 minutes before I get up and I also need a lot more dig stem to get cleaned out. And it used to only take about 30-40 minutes to finish; now it takes about an hour. My stool has been real loose lately too. That might because of my diet. I haven’t been eating a lot of vegetables and I eat a bowl of fruit at night. I’m going to try taking 1 less colace and see if that does anything. Are there any other reasons why my stool could be loose? Or why I’ve been needing so much dig stim?

Thanks

Have you tried Miralax?

Is all of the stool loose, or only at the end? Have you had a recent hospitalization or round of antibiotics? Are you also having accidents? If so you should get tested for c. diff.

If that is negative, many here have been helped by probiotics.

Have you tried a Magic Bullet or Enemeez instead of generic bisacodyl suppository?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Is all of the stool loose, or only at the end? Have you had a recent hospitalization or round of antibiotics? Are you also having accidents? If so you should get tested for c. diff.

If that is negative, many here have been helped by probiotics.

Have you tried a Magic Bullet or Enemeez instead of generic bisacodyl suppository?

(KLD)
    There's alittle bit at the beginning that's more solid. But the rest is loose. No recent hospitalization and I only had one antibiotic pill after my cysto(sp?) at the urologist last tuesday. No accidents. What is c. diff?

No I haven't tried the Magic Bullet or Enemeez.