Thread: which powerchair?

Red face which powerchair?

hey everyone, i'm looking into getting a powerchair....for the time being I'm been fitted to what type of seating I need...so far they recommend the quantum 600 or 6000...dose anyone have one..are they anygood...this is my 1st chair...help!
    Love & Light WhiteAngel. Low Grade Astrocytoma Spinal Cord Tumour, C-1 to T-6 surgery back in 1970 @ age 4-1/2 with Brain Stem Cyst, Kyphosis, Scoliosis, Heading down the quadriplegia road. For my story and more please visit: http://whiteangel0.blogspot.com/p/my-story_06.html http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~whiteangel

I have a Quantum 6000 and like it a lot. It is mid-wheel drive, so it turns in it's own radius, which is pretty cool. It is a bit longer than some chairs because of the six wheels, but I have never found that to be a problem. I have a tilt seat, which is great.

I have a quantum 610 w/ tilt. It has been in shop 5 times for the same problem and only gets 2 mile to a charge. I would not recomend, I hear good things about the 6000. Be sure to get one w/ the larger batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen
    I have a Quantum 6000 and like it a lot. It is mid-wheel drive, so it turns in it's own radius, which is pretty cool. It is a bit longer than some chairs because of the six wheels, but I have never found that to be a problem. I have a tilt seat, which is great.
    Same here. I love my 6000. The battery life is just incredible. I have a long and steep incline out back and can go up/down all day and maybe use a bar of power. This chair will absolutely fly.. if you want speed, I recommend it. Get the tilt recline too, great option.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I have a Quantum 600....after about 1 to 2 weeks with it...it started breaking....the arm broke several times causing me to fall to the floor and catching myself and then the right arm that I have to lift up to transfer from always fell backwards and would not stay put...it did it so many times it would come unplugged and it finally broke and caused it to malfunction which cause it to fly me forward and broke my foot.....we took it in so many time s to get fixed and we decided after 6 months we wanted to give it back to get something else...the answer was no from the company and we have been in a law suite since....over a year and a half and still no answers ....it has cause so much pain and agony ....we want to know if there has been anyone else that has had the same problem with theirs......Thanks

I would not recommrnd this chair to an enemy if I had one I could idenify.This chair is put together with bubble gum it seems..Mine broke down 6 times in the first 3 months..And I was told don't feel bad 5 or 6 customers are having the same trouble. Then I became only a number...Anyone else having this problem?

Braveheart - did you try logging on to wheelchairjunkie.com and talk to the site administrator Mark Smith? He works with the Quantum products and is usually very receptive to helping out people with their chair issues. Problems are usually resolved quickly once he gets involved.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I second wheeliecoach's post. M Smith is a great asset to any Pride / Quantum owner.
    Robert

live free, drive fast