Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brother's g/f rant........................

Sup

BC

No one puts Baby in the corner.

Name the movie and then you can laugh.
    Feelin good is good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBig
    BC

No one puts Baby in the corner.

Name the movie and then you can laugh.
    Too easy...Dirty Dancing.
    lol
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

i have left going out places which are inaccessiable..let it be my most closest relative function..i m adult now..25...i never compromise and welcome trouble..bcos we only know how we feels when v r kept waiting or sitting alone like a looser ! and waiting for someone to come..that sucks from bottom of my heart and mind..only choicest person around me get my visit for their functions..n so they feel great and obliged whenever i visit...lolz...u need not take trouble to please or happy them..visit only whenever u r invited thrice or twice.,and ask that gal to know manners of being good host..it was her duty to introduce u to another,.,u were special guest no doubt..

This is a battle you just can't win. I have been in a chair 38 years and my wife is a chair user. She is very close to her 4 sisters but over the years they have bought and sold houses but only one added a ramp. When we go to functions at their houses we haul a big ramp which unfolds to about 5 feet and sometimes brothers-in-laws and now their kids have to add pieces of plywood, etc. to extend the ramp to make it long enough to get into the house. Once inside, there are additional barriers to contend with. This is despite the fact that they love my wife dearly, in part I think their oblivious attitude is related to the fact that my wife grew up in a chair in a different era. From childhood, her sisters pushed her chair and helped her get up steps, etc.

Recently we had a family party/barbecue for all the sisters, the one brother, their spouses, their kids, their kids kids, etc. Our house is entirely accessible even down to dropped cabinets/oven/stovetop, the whole nine yards. Once this huge herd of relatives got to our place however they started erecting architectural barriers everywhere. They moved the chairs, our furnituire, everything so we all could socialize, we both became so hemmed in we could not move at all. Just like we were at their houses. We looked at each other and smiled - you just have to enjoy your family (those that you can), for the most part they aren't going to get it but it doesn't mean they don't value you.