Thread: INVACARE TOP END TERMINATOR TITANIUM need some reviews and

Question INVACARE TOP END TERMINATOR TITANIUM need some reviews and

a dealer you can reccomend. I've decided finally to buy a new set of wheels. Does anyone use/own this chair or a similar model? Their Euro seating, rear end suspension and frog legs in the front is great (lifetime warranty/frame). I'm looking for some input. The chair is going to cost me some serious coin 3-4K.

Thank you.
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

Buy TiLite.

Buy a TiLite 'chair.

http://www.tilite.com

Most 'chair manufacturers have a lifetime frame warranty. The problem with this warranty is you get a MACO warranty. They strip your 'chair of all the components and put them in a basket. They make you your new frame and put back all the old and worn parts back on. It looks sad to see a new frame with worn components on it.

I'd like to see a manufacturer to step up to the plate with a full replacement warranty. If your frame breaks or cracks they rebuild you a new frame with all new components like when it was first ordered.

I have not had any good experiences with Invacare/Top End/Action products. They use poor quality materials and metals. I had an Action Pro-T where the front caster bolt broke stranding me with three wheels to get home on. Many of the back bracket bolts kept on breaking too.

TiLite manufacturers excellent quality 'chairs. I have serial number 286 'chair in my basement. TiLite can make improvements with their product to be the best in the world. It will take some time and they will make the world's best wheelchairs. They have good people working out there that are willing to help you if you have a problem with one of their 'chairs.

When ever I had a problem with my TiLite 'chair they helped me out in every situation. TiLite I give five golden stars of EXCELLENCE.

titanium4motion

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion
    TiLite can make improvements with their product to be the best in the world.

But will they?lol

My first chair was a terminator. It didn't have the ergo seat or suspension though. The only problem I ever had was with the axles getting frozen in the camber tubes. This happens if you don't keep up with your regular maintenance and forget to keep your axles lubed. I finally got them unfrozen so it's all good now. The chair itself was solid and nothing ever broke. Only downside for me was that it's a little bit bulky since it's not an L frame. If I were you I'd demo one with the suspension/ergo to see how good it is before buying it.

Last year I was measured and fitted by an OT and PT at the Rehab Hospital in Indianapolis. I ordered an INVACARE TOP END TERMINATOR TITANIUM chair. It took six months to get it through insurance. I got the chair last October and it was a disaster. It did not fit. The front casters stuck out and made transfers into and out of bed and the car nearly impossible. There are not many adjustments you can make to the chair. I let the vendor make changes, but they did not help. I sent the chair back to my vendor and had a nasty time fighting to get a full refund for myself and insurance. I finally did get the money refunded. My advice, consider something else.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Manix5
    The front casters stuck out and made transfers into and out of bed and the car nearly impossible. There are not many adjustments you can make to the chair.
    When I ordered mine I was able to select front caster placement on the order form. The whole idea of the chair is to have the least amount of adjustability in order to reduce the amount of hardware/weight. You really need to know your ideal setup if you're going to get one. Deal with an experienced top end rep as well.

Lasher makes chairs with suspension too.
    http://www.lashersport.com/

I got fitted for one too. I hate it, it does not feel right at all. There are not many adjustments. I wish everyday I went with a tilite. The frame on the zr looks better to me. The top end terminator is light though.

I've had one for 4 years. I'm very happy with it. My previous chairs were a Quicke GPV and a Quickie Revolution.