Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like Russia?

Exclamation Do you like Russia?

Hi! My name is Alexander, i live in Russia. I would ask, you like Russia?
    If you like, what? And if not, why not?
    I never skies in other countries, and therefore decided to ask! Thank you!
    P.S. I bad speak English! Sorry...

While this is probably spam like, You filled out a profile, AND a picture, I'll respond.

Russia intrests me greatly, especially the times following the change over to democracy. They use to be the big bAd enemy and life was horrible over there, but i alaways wonder how much was propaganda.

From things i've seen on the web, Moscow anyway, looks like any other estaBLISHED European city.

Being in Canada, we have identical country/terrian and weather so its sorta spooky to see pics that look like around here, wooded areas anyway, but know theyre the other side of the planet in a forgein country.

My on regret on being broken... Not enough forgein travel... Imight, I envy you.

i would not mind one of those Russian brides.
    oh well

without russia during WWII was hard to defeat germans.
    vodka is ok and chicks are hot.
    ps.i forget about caviar.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I've sent a message to Alexandr to remove the links in his signature line.

If I don't hear anything in 24hrs, I'll have to assume he is a spammer and this thread will be moved to 'spam-a-lot'.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Awe, Russia needs some loven too.

Ironically I know a girl named Russia but shes from Iraq!

Sounds fair enough, Lynnifer. I seem to recall that the .ru domain is one of the riskiest ones out there for all manner of bad stuff, viruses, malware, spam and whatnot. I generally avoid that domain almost out of hand with very very few exceptions.

Now as to Russia.....that's actually a very good question. Russia is an extremely interesting state and culture with enormous influence on history. Often brutal and bloody, but always insightful.

Adi, since you mentioned Russia I think its only fair to point out that their history is one reason I don't hold your attitude against you the way some on this site do, although I will say that I'm not gonna defend you either. You do need to work on being more positive and less on offending everyone. The two people I know of who have a better talent for offending the widest variety of people happen to be named Napoleon, and Montgomery (its a running joke amongst historians, lol).

But enough about you, my friend. I just happen to observe, if the Internet is any indication, that Russia's old history is so depressing for its poeple that they've all got a painful inferiority complex and low self-esteem. Sorta like teenage girls, don't ya know.

I found this amusing read from here http://www.english-test.net/articles/57/

and this following paragraph:

I think Elena is describing a mentality that exists to some degree among all Slavic cultures, but the farther east you go, the worse it tends to get. In my opinion, it's no accident that communism was first tried in Russia.

There's a Russian joke that fits it perfectly: An American, a Frenchman and a Russian found an antique bottle on a beach and took out the stopper. A genie came out and said, «I'm so grateful to you for releasing me that I will grant you each a wish!» The American wished for a big mansion on the coast of California, with cars, beautiful women and all the money he could ever want. Poof! He had it. The Frenchman wished for the same thing, but on the French Riviera. It was immediately granted. Then it was the Russian's turn. «My neighbor has a goat, and I don't have one,« he said. «Kill my neighbor's goat».

Kinda sums things up eh?

Tom

Oh Lord, I hit post just as the server seized up. The good ole' 3:00 AM slowdown. Lynnifer could you PLEASE delete all those duplicate posts? I could delete the text but not all the mastheads. Thanks much!

Also I was gonna say anyways, if you need to, could you send Alexsandr's OP to spam land and save our responses somehow with a new starter post?
    I think this is a potentially pretty interesting topic, just don't want to chance those links since they're most likely spambots. And its been more than 24 hrs now.

Thanks!

Tom

No response from Alexandr, lol. Didn't expect one. Now that some have responded .. I edited out his signature line. I couldn't access his profile as my Nortons wouldn't let me in.

humminah humminah humminah humminah (Eddie Murphy quote re Ralph Cramdon - sorry I couldn't resist)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    No response from Alexandr, lol. Didn't expect one. Now that some have responded .. I edited out his signature line. I couldn't access his profile as my Nortons wouldn't let me in.

humminah humminah humminah humminah (Eddie Murphy quote re Ralph Cramdon - sorry I couldn't resist)
    Thanks for not total nuking this.... Russia is A true mistery for me, and sorta a regret of not ever trying to see it.