Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NaturalFit vs. FlexiRim

I also have the Spinergy LX wheels and mine do not squeak. In fact, the first thing I noticed was how quiet the LX wheels and SHOX solid tires were compared to my old basic aluminum wheels with air filled tires.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212
    What about them takes getting used to? Are they your main wheels?
    Sorry I didn't get back quicker I've been busy with work.

The push rims themselves are the anodized metal but they are attached to the wheel by a rubber membrane rather that metal tabs. At first the rubber seemed to grab my hands when stopping or riding a wheelie, but you just need to grab the outer part of the pushrim rather than the whole thing. It is no big deal now for me, but I know people who have been in a chair a lot longer than I have, that tried tham and didn't like them because of this.

They are the only wheels I use. Hope this helps.
    "Donny you're out of your element!" ~ Walter Sobchak

T-5 Complete 9/15/06

I am doubting about getting flexrims or natural fit's for my next wheelchair. I am currently testing flexrims but I don't like them very much. I live at the beach and the sand is very sticky to the rubbery surface. Also, when I'm going downhill and braking, the flexrim get's very warm in my hands! Does this happen with natural fit's too?

Quote Originally Posted by JenR View Post
    I am doubting about getting flexrims or natural fit's for my next wheelchair. I am currently testing flexrims but I don't like them very much. I live at the beach and the sand is very sticky to the rubbery surface. Also, when I'm going downhill and braking, the flexrim get's very warm in my hands! Does this happen with natural fit's too?
    yeah...it happens...plastic coated is the worst.i use the natural fit LT, but the burn in the hands when braking is nothing to complaint abt.is there anybody here who use any titanium, or even magnesium who never face this prob?glove is the best solution when u're outdoor.but indoor, i wouldnt worry.my house doesnt have any 45degree 100foot ramp...

if there're any handrims which doesnt burn ur hand when u brake while speeding, please let me know...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

I currently have titanium handrims, and I love them. So I guess my next wheelchair will have them too, I just wanted to test alternatives.
    I never had a problem of the titanium rims getting warm when braking hard. I used to have regular aluminium rims, and my hands coloured black with those, I don't have that with the titanium ones.
    Another big plus of the titanium rims is their strength! When I curb something, it never chirps (don't know the right word, not native english), so I never cut my hands on my rims.
    I also prefer the titanium feel to the aluminium feel. Imo, it even makes less noise, if you brake with aluminium rims, it makes a "shhhhh"-noise, titanium is quiet.

i also favor the titanium handrims. pricey, though. however, as JenR said, the feel is nice, and they hold up great.

Quote Originally Posted by JenR View Post
    Recently, the finish on the NaturalFit oval component was changed for a third time. While the finish is still flat black, the new surface is smoother than the previous version and almost as smooth as my original "glossy blacks". This should reduce heat buildup under sustained braking. The set I noticed recently came in on a new Flight Ultra Light. I don't know if they are widely available at this point in time

I'm getting NaturalFit's tomorrow, hopefully thay will have the new finish!

i think all thing that have pros have conns .i have 4 wheelsets one spinergy lx with flexrims .iam very positive about them .pros no dirty hands better propelling more to hold on .yes if you get downhill the get hot in your hands of breaking .squeeking not yet but to those that have squeeking of the spokes try to put them tighter after a wihle all wheel spokes need to be ajusted again.now the winter is beginning i hope my hands arnt going to get so cold also .if wet still good grip

Just to get it out there The new Round Betty Dino 12-spoke wheel is rated for 350pnds and 18 degree of camber and we have had no issues of creaking. They are also compatible with Natural fit handrims.