Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Damn,damn & damn!

Cool, thanks. I'm sure I'll get on one way or another. Just loaded the fishing rods in the van so I'm ready to roll. I'm sure they'll have the ones powered by skwerls!

Now they WANT me to waterski on Friday...THAT might be a sight! If I don't post by Sunday....well, you can have all my old shirts
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye
    If I don't post by Sunday....well, you can have all my old shirts
    Cha-Ching!!! Nah, I'd rather you stay afloat and post some funny pics.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Obie, he didn't lock his chair down with the hand brakes?
    Well yes ... yes he did ..... however my sis is a bit of a speed demon so I think it was just the the angle of the dangle and the planets all being aligned .. we learned alot through this whole experience and he'll definitely get out again .. he doesn't scare easily ..... and you know he wasn't wearing one of his flowered Hawaiian style shirts that day so I'm thinking that had something to do with it !!

If he had fallen into the drink though he says don't bother trying to save him ..... I have a secret weapon though .... my daughter Kat ... she has her life saving thing medallion and she's one strong cookie !!

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 07-17-2008 at 11:17 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by garyv
    I hope that his fall does not keep him off of the boat just find a more secure area to back into to prevent this and I am glad he is OK...Accidents happen no matter what but I love being out in our boat it give just a little more sense of freedom..
    Gary
    No Gary it won't stop us ..... Bill is/was an avid fisherman pre sci but hasn't had a rod in his hand since his injury ... but we aim to change that this summer. My brother-in-law's pontoon is 22 ft. with a 115 hp motor so its very roomy and comfortable. We'll just be a little more careful next time!

And Deadeye .... waterskiing ..... you're a brave man .. that is cool .... pics please!!

Obieone

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone

If he had fallen into the drink though he says don't bother trying to save him ..... I have a secret weapon though .... my daughter Kat ... she has her life saving thing medallion and she's one strong cookie !!

Obieone
    So she'd throw him the medallion so he'd have something pretty to look as besides the bubbles?

Oh, I remember the first time a chair got away with me! I had recently gotten home from rehab. My brother and dad had built a ramp for my house. The first time I used it, the chair (a crappy ol' loaner chair) got away with me. I went down the ramp (fast), off the lower corner, through the front yard, and into the street before the chair decided to stop on its own. Luckily, it didn't tip over!

I was sore for a couple of days, but it scared everybody else more than it scared me. Now, I think it was hilarious!

Get back on the boat and enjoy life with all its thrills and spills!!!

Talking Hugs

Just the kind of thing that I usually do and embarass myself to pieces (I'm AB, hubby is 30 years post-injury, C4-5-6)! I usually try to laugh it off, then cry later and ice the bruises and bumps!
    In the 5 years we have been married, it gets harder and harder each day for me to remember how he used to walk and be more "able" then. Due to medical complications, he is now pretty much housebound and bedridden. Now everything I do revolves around him and his injury. It is so hard for him. Wish love could heal all.............

Quote Originally Posted by MARYGROY
    Just the kind of thing that I usually do and embarass myself to pieces (I'm AB, hubby is 30 years post-injury, C4-5-6)! I usually try to laugh it off, then cry later and ice the bruises and bumps! ........
    Hi Mary !

I'm awful glad you found us ... sounds like you've got a lot going on and could use us to unload on. It's easier to carry when you share the weight of it .......

Obieone

Jane Siberry