Thread: Any tips on flattening my tummy

Unhappy Any tips on flattening my tummy

My tummy seems to be getting bigger, even though I am not overeating, I presume its due to sitting so much. Any tips on reducing it would be great. I have had 3 strokes and have angina. My right leg and arm are weak and I have a drop foot.

Welcome to CC.
    You're probably right. Use it or lose it. As in muscles.
    My belly is getting bigger by the minute.
    Wish I knew something to do also.

Sprout and Mona,
    Check out this thread as we just discussed this issue with some potential solutions, depending on your level of injury.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=76261

Quote Originally Posted by sproutbeanie
    My tummy seems to be getting bigger, even though I am not overeating, I presume its due to sitting so much. Any tips on reducing it would be great. I have had 3 strokes and have angina. My right leg and arm are weak and I have a drop foot.
    Getting bigger around the waist is a combinatioin of lack of exercise and too many calories. Suggest you read the book the China Study for two reasons. First, eating too much animal protein, starch, and sugar will put in too many calories in the body. Avoiding meats, sugar and starch and instead eating fruit, vegtables, and nuts will lower calories. Second, you have a dangerous condition with 3 strokes and angina. Eliminating animal protein will reverse heart disease.

Also suggest you start taking calcium disodium EDTA in capsule or IV form to begin to dissolve the plaque in your arteries which over time will give you more blood supply. More blood supply to muscles and the brain will allow you to increase your exercise which will help with the stomach bulge.
    Last edited by 6 Shooter; 08-03-2008 at 09:24 AM.