Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Are You Afraid of Death?

Are You Afraid of Death?

Last edited by orangejello; 07-10-2008 at 12:49 AM.

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

yes. two years ago i would say no, but now i have the reason to live and i enjoy every moment of my life.
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Actually, most of the horrible stuff, pain suffering, choking, loss of: function, limbs, sensation, memory- happens during life.

I've tried to live the best life I could, I'm not afraid.

I don't think anyone could truly answer this until they were staring it in the face.

I don't think I am but that could well be bravado. Put me on the brink of death and I may start fighting/screaming.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

watching my brother die of cancer at 35 yrs old, 1988 (approx. 1.5 yrs after my accident) has reinforced my fear. my first human experience was at age 17, sitting in hospital room with Grandpa. what i remember is his death rattles and then silence, except his big alarm clock ticking and ticking and ticking.

since these deaths, my mom, dad, kimberly and more. i have not seen one go gently. so yes, i'm scared of death and i'm scared it might be the end. though i carry in my heart this feeling it's not because of things that have happened to me that seemed more than luck. sidney poitier writes about similiar things in The Measure of a Man (which i recommend listening to him narrate, unabridged on audio).

I'm not afraid of death but I am afraid of missing the rest of my life. I keep on through some not so good times by thinking of the good things I am working towards. I sometimes worry I won't get a chance to experience those good things before I die.
    I am also afraid of the effect of my death on the people that love me.

I'm afraid of death but I'm sure I'll get over it.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Sometimes. Honestly, I'm fickle when it comes to death.

I am not so afraid of death as I am of the way I am going to achieve it.I've always been the daredevil type."blaze of glory...yeeeehawwww!!",but I am deathlyalmost childishly scared of going out alone,scared choking on a friccken measly asprin ,no pride no glory just a scared little insignificant speck,to beforgotten in a flash except maybe aloved one or two that your passing may leave empty.