Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quantum 6000 or 600 Rehab Power Wheelchair

Quantum 6000 or 600 Rehab Power Wheelchair

Hi everyone, well I'm waiting for my powerchair, i was wondering if anyone has the "Quantum 6000 or 600 Rehab Power Wheelchair?" wheather they are happy with it and what's the difference between these two?....and is the q-logic control's standard or extra...and the options, are included or extra? very confusing....!
    Love & Light WhiteAngel. Low Grade Astrocytoma Spinal Cord Tumour, C-1 to T-6 surgery back in 1970 @ age 4-1/2 with Brain Stem Cyst, Kyphosis, Scoliosis, Heading down the quadriplegia road. For my story and more please visit: http://whiteangel0.blogspot.com/p/my-story_06.html http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~whiteangel

Quantum 6000 or 600 Rehab Power Wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by white
    Hi everyone, well I'm waiting for my powerchair, i was wondering if anyone has the "Quantum 6000 or 600 Rehab Power Wheelchair?" wheather they are happy with it and what's the difference between these two?....and is the q-logic control's standard or extra...and the options, are included or extra? very confusing....!
    I had the QUANTUM 600e Rehab Power Wheelchair for six months. I didn't like it. It didn't have the Q-LOGIC control. I don't believe it's standard. I think that is an option on the QUANTUM chairs. I thought it rode rather hard even though it supposedly had a suspension system. It had the solid tires. I guess I should've chosen air tires instead. Maybe it would've of ridden better. I thought it handled well with the mid-wheel drive. It was my first chair with midwheel drive. I wanted the QUANTUM 6000 w/ the power seating system but I was told by the therapist that it was to much chair for me. I was happy to turn it in when my PERMOBIL C-500 Hvy duty power chair w/hi-speed motors, power seating system, power elevating seat & power elevating leg rests came in. It rides well & is much more comfortable then the QUANTUM 600e was.

I now someone who has the QUANTUM6000 w/power seating system and he likes it a lot.

I hope you will be happy with what ever chair you wind up with.

Unhappy Quantum 600

I have a Quantum 600....after about 1 to 2 weeks with it...it started breaking....the arm broke several times causing me to fall to the floor and catching myself and then the right arm that I have to lift up to transfer from always fell backwards and would not stay put...it did it so many times it would come unplugged and it finally broke and caused it to malfunction which cause it to fly me forward and broke my foot.....we took it in so many time s to get fixed and we decided after 6 months we wanted to give it back to get something else...the answer was no from the company and we have been in a law suite since....over a year and a half and still no answers ....it has cause so much pain and agony ....we want to know if there has been anyone else that has had the same problem with theirs......Thanks
    </IMG>

Hi Angel.......I purchased a Quantum 6000 about a month ago. I am switching from a Quickie P220, so the 6000 is a longer and wider chair by a couple of inches longer and wider. At first, this took some getting used to, but now I seem to have it handled pretty well. I had the mobility store come back out and re-program my controller a little, and that has helped. All in all, I believe that I will like the new chair. The reclining options are fantastic. Please reply to me, as I'd like to talk with you further.

Peace,
    blackfootj
    Quote Originally Posted by white View Post

[Hi, It's me again. I forgot to mention your question about the control. The Q-Logic is more money, but well worth it. I had a standard control on my P220, so the new one is a real treat. It shows mph, time, has alarms built in, and every function the chair does is controlled by the one controller. My last wc had a switch box on the inside seating area, and I would sit on it by mistake a few times a day. BF quote=white;868070]Hi everyone, well I'm waiting for my powerchair, i was wondering if anyone has the "Quantum 6000 or 600 Rehab Power Wheelchair?" wheather they are happy with it and what's the difference between these two?....and is the q-logic control's standard or extra...and the options, are included or extra? very confusing....![/quote]

I have used a Quantum 6000 for the last two and a half years and like it a lot. I have had no problems with it beyond the armrests cracking since they are wider than the wheels and go smashing into tight doorframes. That is just cosmetic though. The chair I have has the tilt feature, which has also worked really well for me. It took me a little while to get use to mid-wheel drive, but after a day or two I was good to go.

I have a Q600 with tilt, recline, leg extension, Q-logic..pretty much the works. Hate it. It's usless outdoors. I'd give it away if I could. $20K wheelchair forced on me when what I wanted and needed would've been barely more that half that amount.

The quantum is great if you plan on spending your time on a sidewalk but is terrible off-road in the yard.. and gravel? forget it. The outriggers will let the drive wheel sink and strand you on anything soft.

Quantum should not let M.E.S. do those outdoor videos because it's incredibly misleading as to what the chair is truly capable of...

Then there's service. What service? The vendor who supplied the chair, Choice medical in Rogers, arkansas, can't fix a hole in a paper bag. It's taken over 4 months just to get new cushions for this thing. Now the Q-logic needs service and I know they can't handle anything more than changing batteries. I don't know what I'm gonna do...

I am having trouble with my Q600 tilt/recline also. I get error code #101 low battery and the thing shuts itself off and won't move when I have anything under 90% charge?? I didn't charge everynight and wonder if this was why but I don't go outdoors with my chair as I found it doesn't like to go in the grass and I live in a rural area no sidewalks for me.... I love the tilt/recline on my spine but as far as travel I am not happy. Most of the time the chair is parked in front of the tv or reading a book....anyone else have same problems??

Had a S-646, got basically forced into a Q6000 when I get my vehicle cause trainer said I needed a midwheel drive. HATED it from day 1, No tilt in the controller, had that seperate HUGE tilt box that stuck way out off the side. Used it for 2 months and went back to my S-646..

I've had the Q6000 for about 2.5 years and I hate it. It squeaks everywhere, bearings keep going out, it's a very harsh ride, lots of electrical problems, latest of which is the chair unexpectedly locks when a little more than normal resistance is encountered throwing me forward. The tilt is sloooooow. If I'm tilted back and somebody rings the door bell, most of the time the person will be gone by the time I get to the door. Can't recommend it at all.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14