Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plastic surgeon preferred when getting a facial mole removed?

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    What kind of doctor says that. That statement alone would make me not use him.
    Well this was the dialogue the plastic surgeon and I had about it:
    Me: "My mom had a tiny mole-like bump removed that was next to her nostril, it started growing a year back, and her biopsy came back positive for skin cancer. Should I be worried about my mole?"

DR: "I wouldn't worry about it. Your mole is benign as it can get. Your mom is older, she's had a lot more sun exposure. But we can send it to pathology if it makes you feel better. Of course there is an additional charge for pathology"

Here is a close-up picture of my face and you could see my mole here:

Did that show up real recently? I'd get the added pathology test just because it could spread toward your tear duct. That was my husband's doc's concern. But his was flat, whitish to pink and weird shaped.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    Did that show up real recently? I'd get the added pathology test just because it could spread toward your tear duct. That was my husband's doc's concern. But his was flat, whitish to pink and weird shaped.
    No, I was born with mine but it has grown in proportion to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by oscdude
    No, I was born with mine but it has grown in proportion to my face.
    Then I wouldn't worry too much unless something grows back there after complete removal. Most people would get it removed because it looks like it would drive you crazy wearing sunglasses. BTW, I am not a doc, nurse or other medical professional.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Insurances are tightening up these days. My mom had several moles on her back and the doctor said her insurance wouldn't cover it because they were non cancerous and so it would be considered cosmetic removal. So, we looked around and she used the itworkspaste which is natural cautery you can use at home. It was amazing just as the ebay reviews stated. I am not saying to go out and use this first. I am saying if your doctor sees these as typical moles, ask him or her if you can use the itworkspaste instead of paying tons of money with painful surgery removal.