Thread: The Sleep Number Bed Secret

The Sleep Number Bed Secret

The best keep secret of the Sleep Number Bed (Select Comfort)

So here it is, I have found a way to make the bed fill to 100 with out having to hold the button the whole time. I was in the store talking to one of the sales men and he shared with me this trick. I have the basic model so I know only by experience that it will work with the one I have.

Also please note that it will not shut off by it self you have to push one of the buttons again to make it stop.

If you hold both buttons down at once and wait for the click you will began to see the display go through some kind of self diagnostic thing and then the bed begins to fill. When you think it is at 100 push one of the buttons again and it will stop.

I also figured out how to push both buttons with one hand so you can do it laying down in the bed, What you have to do is to stick on some 3M rubber feet. (See photos to see what I am talking about)

I hope this makes your life easer.

Also I have added a battery backup to mine so if I ever loose power while I am sleeping I can still fill the bed one more time and be able to get out.

Stevie P

Quote Originally Posted by StevieP

Also I have added a battery backup to mine so if I ever loose power while I am sleeping I can still fill the bed one more time and be able to get out.
    Was this an accessory from them? Or something you have added seperately? Sounds great to me, I sleep REALLY soft, and can;t transfer if I forget to pump it up.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

So what happens if it overinflates?
    You start it going, but then drop the controller on the floor...
    POW!!!?
    Or is there a safety valve?
    - Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    Was this an accessory from them? Or something you have added seperately? Sounds great to me, I sleep REALLY soft, and can;t transfer if I forget to pump it up.
    It was somthing that I added, I tried to call and no one could tell me anything about the size of the motor, how many amps it uses when it starts up.

I have not had to use it but I have tested it out and it will fill it up once.

Stevie P

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf
    So what happens if it overinflates?
    You start it going, but then drop the controller on the floor...
    POW!!!?
    Or is there a safety valve?
    - Richard
    I think it has a safety valve (I hope, I would hate to end up with an imprint of my body in the ceiling)

one thing to be careful off, is going to soft to sleep, you can hit the bottom box and it is wood. I did it one time and got a red spot on mt tail bone.

Hmmmm, sounds like I need to think of it like a roho cushion, not bottoming out. Never really considered that that was possible. I will watch it, thanks for the heads up. I go for 35-40, so I suspect there is still plenty of air left.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    Hmmmm, sounds like I need to think of it like a roho cushion, not bottoming out. Never really considered that that was possible. I will watch it, thanks for the heads up. I go for 35-40, so I suspect there is still plenty of air left.
    That is what I do 35-50 I have even slept on 100 for a few hours and have had no problem. I guess it is how much you weigh.

Did you try the trick? did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieP
    I think it has a safety valve (I hope, I would hate to end up with an imprint of my body in the ceiling)

one thing to be careful off, is going to soft to sleep, you can hit the bottom box and it is wood. I did it one time and got a red spot on mt tail bone.
    I don't think there is a safety valve so be careful. I have a SC bed at home and also our motorhome came with one. We drove it into the mountains of Mexico and forgot to lower the pressure(I also take it up to 80-100 to transfer) as we started up the mountains, along the way I had to deflate my Roho a little and went "oh shit, the bed!". The mattress was as tight as a drum, you could thump it and it wouldn't move. I was amazed the seams were holding.

The controllers were completely freaked out, my side read 05, my wifes read 100. Neither side would adjust at all, it wouldn't do anything. My friend had to pull the mattress down and disconnect the hoses to release "a lot" of air out of the chambers. After that, they worked fine again. <whew!>

Also, I sleep on 30 and haven't bottomed out any, I'm ~190lbs.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"