Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I try Dr.Huang's OECs in China

Question Should I try Dr.Huang's OECs in China

During these years of waiting for an significant breakthrough or a cure for SCI, I gradualy became impatient. After reading a lot of scientific papers and information, I found there is a Dr.Huang in china has done olfactory ensheathing cells (OECs) transplantations to hundreds of SCI cases. Although not all of his patients have obtained significant improvement, some of them have pain released or excretion function recovery. This sounds very good already. I am looking forward to a time without pain or drug dependance toilet-care. I also read the publication on his website where has a paper to prove the safety of this OECs treatment. ( http://www.nrrfr.com/english_nr.asp?newsid=1319&bt=Medical%20lnstitute ).

I am still expecting to a cure or another breakthrough coming soon to our life but it seems so uncertain about the time. I have a desire to try Dr.huang's OECs, is there anybody could give me some suggestions?

Hi lookfortreatment;

Use the Search function at the top of the page to access discussions on Dr. Huang's procedure. Key in OEC Transplant. Or, use the Google Scholar function on the Home page here and key in Dr. Huang + China + OECs.
    That should give you plenty of reading material.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Question Dr. Huang

My son had the his surgery about 3 years ago. He appeared on TV during democratic convention, before Reagan's son speech for stem cell research. He got some wrist and finger movement. He can now dial the phone, tab the computer, and work the TV remote. His surgery and travel costs were about $35K. Huang's surgery has improved since then. Maybe you should wait a few more years until the China trials are complete? Dr. Huang will probably incorporate their results into his procedures.

Cheers;

JJG
    Jake's Pop

I had Dr. Huangs OEC done last year with improvments and i will go back and he is now doing more then just OEC but i would wait another year so he can improve on things.

Thumbs up Huang

I think that is the correct course to take. Wait an long as you can.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

Quote Originally Posted by pumpingiron
    I had Dr. Huangs OEC done last year with improvments and i will go back and he is now doing more then just OEC but i would wait another year so he can improve on things.
    what do you mean more then just oec? combination therapy?

save your time and money..my opinion.
    false hope..........i spoke with many patients who had oeg procedure ..i am one of them...
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by petros5a
    what do you mean more then just oec? combination therapy?
    Yes combination he has started using Neural stem cells with OEC and he is starting to also use Schwann cells. He is doing a study now with schwann cells.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I also heard about the combination treatment in Dr.Huang’s hospital. Here is the info on his website.
    Quote: They are conducting an experimental treatment investigating the efficacy of Schwann cells (a source of growth factors and a cell that supports axonal growth) and olfactory ensheathing cells (OECs) transplantation. The purpose of this clinical study is to examine the benefits of using Schwann cells combined with or without OECs for patients with chronic complete cervical spinal cord injury. As the clinical trial finish they will compare the efficacy of three different neurosurgical interventions with a control group: transplantation of OECs, transplantation of Schwann cells, and transplantation of OECs combined with Schwann cells. Then SCI patients will get more benefits from the best one.

At present Dr. Huang and his medical team is in deep study of neural stem cells (NSC) which are obtained from the fetal developing brain. They transplanted fetal OECs and intrathecal injection of NSC on first 2 cases with ALS in last December. To date nearly 30 patients with various central neural system (CNS) diseases such as ALS, CP, SCI and MS etc have participated in this experimental clinical treatment. Most of participants reported that this new procedure has helped restore some functions lost by the CNS diseases. Improvement in sensory function, partial motor function, trunk balance and other functional amelioration could be observed.

I remember Dr.Wise once recommended Schwann cells too. I need to see some hope present anyway. I have time and money but I get nothing with them if I do not try anything possible.

Thanks again. I am looking forward to sharing more news about Dr.huang’s treatment with all of you and go for a try at a right time when it is possible.

miami project doing shwann cells in a couple months with approval of FDA