Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tale of young boys!

Physicians, nurses, social workers, PTs, OTs, etc. etc. are all required to report in my state, but often do not because they either don't know what is going on or they try to ignore the S&S of neglect or abuse because they don't want to have to do the reports. That does not prevent ANYONE else from filing a report.

(KLD)

Angry poor guy

His LPNs (same as my sons) told the HHC owner (same as my sons) and case manager. The provider is happy getting the business and does not want to anger the mother. The case manager (the same as my son) is incompetent. I hope the Dr. (same as my son) will follow up on him or provide me his new phone number. The Dr. knows why he got such a large pressure and his situation. I can do nothing since I do not know how to contact him.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

How do you know about the first boy who was treated well?
    Maybe there's some way to track down SCIs in high schools in the area.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

If the case manager is an RN, they are legally required to report. Again, you do NOT have to go through the physician!! Look in the phone book for Adult Protective Services (under Govt. Services) and call them directly. Anyone can report this. You don't have to go through a nurse, physician, etc. etc. etc.

(KLD)

Couldn't you call APS and report the doctor, case worker? Wouldn't that start an investigation?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Angry first boy and Dr.

The first boy is my son. We have provided him everything he needs to have a happy and productive life. The Dr. is a friend of mine. I will contact her soon to provide her everything that you have suggested. I think that she will follow up on helping him. She and he are both of the same minority. I am actively engaged in law suit to obtain more nursing care for both boys and to remove their case manager (RN) from the seen of the crime. She caused both of them to use $1 million in HHC in too short ot time. We could have used CNAs ior PC instead of LPNs. This difference in salary is that the CNA gets 1/3 of the LPN salary and PC 1/2. There is nearly $4 millon left in each boy's policy, but the insurance company has capped them at $1millon in HHC. They need HHC care more than anything else. With CNAs they would only use $35K/year and PC only $25k. You do the math on the number of years remaining for HHC. Our BC and BS polices are life time ($1 million for BC and 1 million for BS), because they were permanitly paralyzed as children. One was hurt on a football field and the other in a wrestling accident. My son was injured by his wrestling coach in an illegal match and he won a $2.2 millon dollar setlement plus the $5 millon life insurance policy. Both have the same life insurance school policy.

Have a nice holiday.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

Giambjj,

You are doing the right thing in speaking with the Doctor. This young man is very lucky to have you in his corner. So many folks would not "do the right thing" and turn a blind eye. Please let us know how it all turns out.

It pains me to here of this boy's problems. I don't knon him and may never met him. However, I will do my best to make his life better. To do less would be unthinklable. When I retire in 4 years I hope to be a big brother. I may start earlier then then.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

Thumbs up Shepherd center

I am sure he went there, because his home is only 1 and 1/5 hrs from there. I am sure that he learned alot, but I doubt his mother did. Shepherd just got a $100 millon donation from a Ms. Woodrift, a coke a cola heris. They wiil build a 9 story building to house 100 family members of patients. They will also increase their PT facility. Their goal is the be the largest SCI center in the world. They also received a large donation from the former co-founder of Home Depot. It helps to have benovalent friends. They also have a group of people that visit former patients to see how they are doing. I doubt his mother allowed that.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

He needs an advocate. $5 million should produce a lot more than $2,000 a month. He can get better care. The slide transfer, however, probably didn't cause his decubitus. Sounds like several people have screwed-up. He may still have time to seek legal recourse (I'm a C 4-5 quad and a litigation lawyer), but he needs a local lawyer (advocate) fast.