Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: small article about Miami project clinical trials

small article about Miami project clinical trials

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42
    I wish MP would have been a little more aggressive, they are taking to long. Don't they are afraid a little to much? There's always will be some kind of risk.

manouli.

http://www6.miami.edu/miami-magazine...paralysis.html
    Last edited by manouli; 06-25-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Schwann Cells (SC) have been transplanted in Iran for at least a few years now with limited, but observable results.

MP knows SC's alone will not affect anything even close to a cure. What ever happened to their triple therapy they announced some years back?

The're also preparing us for delays and a lenghty clinical trial process. SC's are autologous, so I don't personally understand the reason for delays and a long trial process.

Why they are using cells not indigenous to the spinal cord is a mystery to me as well.

MP is not interested in a cure. 1985 to 2008, yet not 1 procedure for the chronic sci. That would be like a drug dealer helping the junkie kick the habit.

The Miami Project couldn't get it done in a locked closet with a grenade. It's expertise is fundraising, not science. Not to say that a few talented people don't work there. But, for the most part, they are overbloated & saddled with dead weight.

Could the situation change? Sure. Sweeping changes would be required, and I just don't see that happening.

I see this announcement as a negative to advance spinal cord injury restorative therapies.

it is something right? most of their other research has nothing to do with a cure.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

Quote Originally Posted by chasb
    The Miami Project couldn't get it done in a locked closet with a grenade. It's expertise is fundraising, not science. Not to say that a few talented people don't work there. But, for the most part, they are overbloated & saddled with dead weight.

Could the situation change? Sure. Sweeping changes would be required, and I just don't see that happening.

I see this announcement as a negative to advance spinal cord injury restorative therapies.

thats what always happens when funding floods in. give any organization unlimited funds and watch it blow cash and get nothing done. the solution to problems are always creativity and work arounds its never more funding, yet more funding is what everyone is all about. having less money forces creativity. but doing anything outside the box is considered insane in american science and research. if some people believe even trying to cure sci is outside the box imagine how constrained actually trying to make it happen is. in my mind infrastructure is as big a hurdle as anything else. we're pretty sure we have a cure somewhere with all the research and can apply it, if someone would just say "fuck it" and just apply the thing and forget about more funding or regulations I feel the earth would be a better place. If we had a jack covorkian(sp) type we'd probably be walking by now. noone wants any risk yet we expect results. who would argue with someone helping paralysized people walk, instead of the constant hunt for funding and dealing with all the rules and regulations why not just do it. it would take balls but if your intentions are good why not?

Quote Originally Posted by chasb
    Not to say that a few talented people don't work there. But, for the most part, they are overbloated & saddled with dead weight.
    And you know this because... ?

C.

They too should burn funds on yet another new building for sc research. Must be the answer. Everyone else seems to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by patricks
    They too should burn funds on yet another new building for sc research. Must be the answer. Everyone else seems to think so.
    well, buildings are the key to research..