Thread: Will a 16W Jestream back fit a 17W chair or vice versa?

Will a 16W Jestream back fit a 17W chair or vice versa?

I've got a 17W ZRA and a 16W ZRA (backup chair that I'll switch to) and I want to get a high back Roho Jetstream Pro.

Would the 16" wide jetstream fit both chairs if I get the adjustable mounting hardware?

Also ...
    I'm pretty tall & my 16x16 ZRA chair feels like it is not nearly "long" enough (it feels like I'm going to fall out the front). Is it possible to mount the back rest quite far back (almost behind the back posts) to give the chair extra depth?

Thanks
    _____oOo_____
    Phil C6
    "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by AO
    I've got a 17W ZRA and a 16W ZRA (backup chair that I'll switch to) and I want to get a high back Roho Jetstream Pro.

Would the 16" wide jetstream fit both chairs if I get the adjustable mounting hardware?

Also ...
    I'm pretty tall & my 16x16 ZRA chair feels like it is not nearly "long" enough (it feels like I'm going to fall out the front). Is it possible to mount the back rest quite far back (almost behind the back posts) to give the chair extra depth?

Thanks

I have a 17" adjustable (low profile tho) that has fit a 16" wide chair with the mounting hardware adjusted as tight as it can get. However, doing so causes the back to move forward by ~3/4", assuming you have teh back in the full "rear" position (it is even worse otherwise). This is due to the back being angled, as you move the brackets together to make the mounting more narrow, the back is moving forward by almost the same amount. This will have the effect of pushing you even further forward in the seat, effectively shortening your seat depth.

I dunno...maybe somebody else will have a better idea...but I don't think you'd get what you want out of this setup, if seat depth is already too short.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

will that still happen when the backcanes are wider than the back - if the mounting hardware stretches out instead of in?

im using a 16" wide back (equiv 406mm) on a 400mm chair, and i havent noticed it pushing me forward at all, though maybe thats me.

I don't know of too many users who have liked the 16" high version of the JetStream, the Low version seems to provide all the support most people need. You will lose seat depth with a JetStream. On TiLite's, you also run into crossbrace interference issues which limit how low it can be positioned.

You can fudge an extra inch or so of seat depth on your ZRa by adjusting the TiLite seat/back upholstery and increasing the back angle.

Thanks all.
    _____oOo_____
    Phil C6
    "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin