Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding from the Penis

Bleeding from the Penis

Ever since my urethral catheter was removed last Friday, I have had a small amount of bleeding/drainage coming from the penis.

I expected I would be bleeding for a little while after the 6 million catheters I went through, but should I still be bleeding? Is there anything I can do other than visit my doctor?

Thanks,

Steven
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

You had a cysto during the saga too didn't you? But yeah I think bleedigng for a week is a bit long

call the doc steven ,sorry to hear .bleeding for a long period of time is a serious issue.good luck and my best whishes.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Well I had the same problem 4 years ago and now have a SPC so if I had to do it over again I would go to the Doctor before it got to this point.
    T6 complete

Thanks guys. We called the doc and he said it should subside on its own, so just keep an eye on it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Hi Steven,

Of course try to stay away from aspirin and other blood thinners. Yeah, bleeding from the penis is a rather unsettling sight. Ouch.... even if we can't feel it!

Good luck,

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Is it possible you have an infection? Maintained inflammation and irritation?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    Is it possible you have an infection? Maintained inflammation and irritation?
    It's possible, but unlikely. I was on IV Levaquin through last Saturday and oral Levaquin through Friday.

Bob, my urologist says the urethra naturally secretes something that acts as a blood thinner, which is why urethral bleeding looks so bad.

steven...

jim was in the hospital about 6 yrs ago with the same problem. sp tube was inflated inside his urethra and bleeding occurred for a little more than a week. if it persists get a culture to eliminate possibility of uti or infection.

take care !
    stormie
    and in the end it's not the years in your life that count it's the life in your years. abraham lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Bob, my urologist says the urethra naturally secretes something that acts as a blood thinner, which is why urethral bleeding looks so bad.
    Interesting.