Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body weight supported gait training: from laboratory to clinical setting.

Alhavel,
    Wow! Your lucky to be alive! Well awesome work! You sound like you are working so hard!

It was touch and go for a couple of months, ventilator and all. The last time they took off the vent was going to be the last. I guess I'm not finished yet.

i'd love to know your injury level. that doesn't drive you nuts? i haven't been on here that long, but wouldn't knowing help you research for things you can do to help yourself improve?

just my opinion.
    working every day to get out of my chair.

It does drive me crazy, but on the other hand, maybe what I don't know, doesn't hinder me. I don't know, I always thought I could find a way out of the position I'm in. So far,,,,,,,,, I'm not sure, but, the more the docs laugh and stay astonished, the better I want to do. Most of the Doctors I was treated by were emergency Docs, and don't follow up. When they saw me, there wasn't anything to follow, no one thought I would make it. 2 of the ones that did are in shock, I must have been stronger than they thought. I'm currently looking at AxoGen for a nerve detergent they have, I seem to be regenerating some of the nerves over time. All this at 49? Maybe this would help, at least get things moving along.

i hear you. i had a fatality report written on me with my accident. congrats on the "perseverance". as far as motivation goes, i can't wait to walk into the rehab i was in. that was the only place where the seed of life in a chair was planted...even the neurologist who went into my back said the door was open.

good luck, please keep us (me) updated on how well regeneration works!

keep the fight going...l
    working every day to get out of my chair.

keep trying , i does not hurt to push and not give up hope.