Thread: Looking for R,S,T&H in Tampa Bay area

Looking for R,S,T&H in Tampa Bay area

I have been in a chair for two years now and I was very active in sports prior to my SCI and I'm looking to find out what out there to do? I've seen people playing rugby and that looked like a lot of fun does anyone have any ideals?
    L3-S1 Wheelchair bound incomplete paraplegic

"Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say: some things in live are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble; give a whistle, and this'll help things turn out for the best. And... always look on the bright side of life..."
    -Monty Python's "Life of Brian"-

Hey Sarge, have you tried calling the VA Hospital in Tampa and ask for the Rec Therapist? Tampa's VA, for those who don't know, has a SCI Specialty Center.

Under the Wounded Warrior Project, actually looks more like the fringe, is http://www.dsusa.org/calendars-wwdsp-calendar.html

http://www.blazesports.com/DesktopDe...d=15&ItemId=19 Blaze Clubs appear more child oriented but you might try horseback riding. One of these days I'm going to try it. Supposed to be great for core muscles and balance.

http://static.ut.edu/public_info/Whe...-Community.cfm While an older article for able bodied students versus wheelchair basketball players I think there is a link in there somewhere.

Hate to see another person join CC but glad you found us.

I'm a cold war vet but we have vets from all the services and I think one going back to WW2. Glad you made it back.

Sue, Army vet, 98G Czech Intercept
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

We have a rugby team in tampa but rugbys only for quads. We do let other people play with us during the summer though. There is also a basketball and softball team in tampa also.
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05