Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17x17 85 Deg TiLite ZRa-c Pics

And with less tyre and more wheel, they look better

Have i mentioned they fit the Stock Coloürs forks yet?

To TheTiLiters™! } {

TiLite Junkie

Great photos of TiLite ZRA-c. I'm on my 2nd TiLite ZR-C and love the chair. This one I got with the soft roll tires, my first experience with them and they make such a difference in the "roll". Outdoors they slurp right over bumps with no problem. I got the chair a year ago and ordered it with the tapered seat and front end. It arrived without either of these and after waiting about 5 weeks for the chair I was tempted to take it, but no way. The reason I got those features was to get closer to my transfer targets - it really makes a difference when the seat rail in front is narrower! I had the vendor send the chair back, then waited 3 more weeks for the replacement, and so glad I did. It was a mix-up in the "order confirmation" data. Be sure you keep your copy of all the specs and check them out on a new chair.
    Recently ordered replacement back and higher side guards - over $300 total. The side guards have a bit of trim along the top that has small metal grips under it that had worn through, with metal poking out. Don't like that design.
    I love those anti-tip bars. A fellow named Ralf Hotchkiss made a similar item, a "wheelie bar", that I tried about 40 years ago in New York City, and was able to lean back in my chair to rest in a "lazy-boy" position - great for pressure relief. I'm sure those current anti-tips wouldn't let you do that.
    Anyway, great chair and thanks for showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph
    The side guards have a bit of trim along the top that has small metal grips under it that had worn through, with metal poking out. Don't like that design.
    They are also a dirt magnet. I tried to remove mine for cleaning a few weeks ago and discovered they use a couple drops of a strong adhesive at a few key spots. It's just enough so that if you try to remove the edge trim, they will probably be damaged just enough so that they'll never fit the same. I ended up using automobile door edge trim from WalMart along the top edge. It actually gives them a cleaner look, but the trim does not have the flexibility to bend around the bottom corners and edge. I tighten down my clamps to fix my sideguards in place, so it's no biggie for me. If I was routinely removing them, those exposed edges might cause a problem.

While they are not perfect, I'll take them over Invacare's and Quickie plastic rigid side guards any day.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    They are also a dirt magnet. I tried to remove mine for cleaning a few weeks ago and discovered they use a couple drops of a strong adhesive at a few key spots. It's just enough so that if you try to remove the edge trim, they will probably be damaged just enough so that they'll never fit the same. I ended up using automobile door edge trim from WalMart along the top edge. It actually gives them a cleaner look, but the trim does not have the flexibility to bend around the bottom corners and edge. I tighten down my clamps to fix my sideguards in place, so it's no biggie for me. If I was routinely removing them, those exposed edges might cause a problem.

While they are not perfect, I'll take them over Invacare's and Quickie plastic rigid side guards any day.
    The edge trim used by ADI (e.g., the Roho JetStream Pro) is far superior to the trim used by TiLite for all the reasons SCI_OTR points out. It's much less bulky and can be easily fit around corners.

Cool pic Tym. I like the look of the 5" froggies.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    This is one I spec'd out as a first chair for a recently injured veteran who became paraplegic.

Here are the specs...

- 17x17 TiLite ZRA-c
    - 85 Degree Front Angle
    - V front end with 11" footrest Width
    - 16" Seat-to-Footrest Length (Spec)
    - 17.5" Seat-to-Footrest Length (Actual)
    - Seat-To-Floor Heights: 20.5 Front/16.5" Rear
    - COG: 3.25"
    - Rear Wheel Spacing: 1"
    - 2 Degrees Camber
    - Standard Carbon Fiber Side Guards w/ Quad Hole
    - 5" x1" Billet Aluminum Casters w/ Soft Roll Tire
    - 26"x1" Spinergy SLX Wheels with Schwalbe Marathon Evolution Plus tires
    - NaturalFit Handrims

In this pic, at the bottom where the footrests is, the tube that goes into the legrests can that be adjusted to go up or down. I'm getting a zra-c and I took most of the specs from my old chair and applied to new chair, I did change some things tho. Anway the specs on my old chair is 16.5 from seat to footrest but I know I lowered the footrest to accomodate my shoes so I'm wondering if I can do that with this wc too.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    In this pic, at the bottom where the footrests is, the tube that goes into the legrests can that be adjusted to go up or down. I'm getting a zra-c and I took most of the specs from my old chair and applied to new chair, I did change some things tho. Anway the specs on my old chair is 16.5 from seat to footrest but I know I lowered the footrest to accomodate my shoes so I'm wondering if I can do that with this wc too.
    Remember, the placement of the bend in the frame on a TiLite is closer to the front edge of the upholstery than it would be on a comparable Quickie or Invacare chair with the same front frame angle (unless it is built with FrogLegs forks or a 90 degree front frame angle). The shorter frame of the TiLite, in effect, positions the back of the footrest in closer relative to the front edge of the seat upholstery. As a result, if you use your current seat-to-footrest measurement, the footrest length may turn out too long. Since you have only an inch or so of upward adjustability, you may not be able to raise it up high enough to position it where you need to. This veteran was 6' 2" tall, so I spec'd it out at 16" based on my own experience knowing that I could adjust it downward. The actual footrest length he needed turned out to be 17.5".

If a 16" seat-to-footrest spec worked with a 6'2" veteran, I would have concerns that 16.5" might be too long for you. It is best to go conservative and adjust downward.

Remember, the placement of the bend in the frame on a TiLite is closer to the front edge of the upholstery than it would be on a comparable Quickie or Invacare chair with the same front frame angle (unless it is built with FrogLegs forks or a 90 degree front frame angle). The shorter frame of the TiLite, in effect, positions the back of the footrest in closer relative to the front edge of the seat upholstery. As a result, if you use your current seat-to-footrest measurement, the footrest length may turn out too long. Since you have only an inch or so of upward adjustability, you may not be able to raise it up high enough to position it where you need to. This veteran was 6' 2" tall, so I spec'd it out at 16" based on my own experience knowing that I could adjust it downward. The actual footrest length he needed turned out to be 17.5".

If a 16" seat-to-footrest spec worked with a 6'2" veteran, I would have concerns that 16.5" might be too long for you. It is best to go conservative and adjust downward.
    So i should go with a 15 or 16 then i can move it downward, thanks so much, i'm placing my order tomorrow so this really helps me out.

SCI_OTR - looking at pic #2, the head on one:

If you hadn't ordered the NaturalFit handrims, would you still have spec'ed 1" wheel spacing? I ask because it looks like a tight fit between the tire and the CF sideguards(which some other thread, you said stick out a scoshe(?) more than alum).

In other words, I use the tire for grip and would worry about my thumb with that tight space. Or is it really bigger than appears?

eta: you actually said the fold down CF guards stuck out a little more, maybe these don't.

also, which ones flex more, alum or CF?
    Last edited by McDuff; 01-22-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: did more reading
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Here are the specs...

- 17x17 TiLite ZRA-c
    - 85 Degree Front Angle
    - V front end with 11" footrest Width
    - 16" Seat-to-Footrest Length (Spec)
    - 17.5" Seat-to-Footrest Length (Actual)
    - Seat-To-Floor Heights: 20.5 Front/16.5" Rear
    - COG: 3.25"
    - Rear Wheel Spacing: 1"
    - 2 Degrees Camber
    - Standard Carbon Fiber Side Guards w/ Quad Hole
    - 5" x1" Billet Aluminum Casters w/ Soft Roll Tire
    - 26"x1" Spinergy SLX Wheels with Schwalbe Marathon Evolution Plus tires
    - NaturalFit Handrims

Imageshack appears to have deleted one of the pics from their server. Here it is...