Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana for pain relief.

I smoke a bowl each morning, it doesn't burn me out or make me lazy, it motivates me and gets me going. I wake up feeling sick and all kinds of pains every morning, I hate mornings! I take my daily lyrica, topomax, and bowl and feel slightly better.

If I have it I'll smoke later in the day then before bed but mornings are a must.

feisty that's a great idea for when I go on my cruise, I wouldn't think they'll check my cookies
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

I take my meds 40 mg's Valium, then smoke a J and drink some wine until dinner. I eat a lot better with wine and I snooze like a baby until I wake up at 3:00 am with shoulder and/or back pain and off to work 7:00 am.

Warning The Following may ruin it for some:
    Yet knowing this may make things more fun.

Weed effect everyone differently. (Dont recall the study on the effects, but here the just of it) Its effects peoples perceptions. Its aslo like the plesbo effect. What ever the indivual expects or believes their perception will ocurr the outcome of that belief.
    (Aside from the munchies)
    If User A believes it will help his pain, then it does.
    If User B believes it will magnify his pain, then it does.

Example:
    For Many First time smokers, They Don't Feel any effects. Yet the drug is in thier system, dispite all the physical symptoms are there. They Don't precieve any effects.

Homework for Today: After you smoke up, What ever you focus on, It will modify it. Keeping this in mind Try to Focus Strongly on something(preferibly Pleasureable) kinda to the point that you believe it. Cool things can happen. (bad too if not carefull.)
    (Sometimes people can freak out. How do you calm them down? Get them focused on somthing else)
    Last edited by patricks; 10-20-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Warning The Following may ruin it for some:
    Yet knowing this may make things more fun.

Weed effect everyone differently. (Dont recall the study on the effects, but here the just of it) Its effects peoples perceptions. Its aslo like the plesbo effect. What ever the indivual expects or believes their perception will ocurr the outcome of that belief.
    (Aside from the munchies)
    If User A believes it will help his pain, then it does.
    If User B believes it will magnify his pain, then it does.

Example:
    For Many First time smokers, They Don't Feel any effects. Yet the drug is in thier system, dispite all the physical symptoms are there. They Don't precieve any effects.

Homework for Today: After you smoke up, What ever you focus on, It will modify it. Keeping this in mind Try to Focus Strongly on something(preferibly Pleasureable) kinda to the point that you believe it. Cool things can happen. (bad too if not carefull.)
    (Sometimes people can freak out. How do you calm them down? Get them focused on somthing else)
    Can Yo say this in a way I understand? I konw Weed is a good sleeper. It helps BP's. I smokes weed AB and SCI -AB was fun - SCI suxs because I need it to help me sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker
    Can Yo say this in a way I understand?
    Over useage too, has its Drawbacks...

Sure in a nutshell,
    Whatever effects one believes it will have on them, then it will. (effects perceptions)

Ex. For some believe it helps them relax, Other believe its make them Hyper. Therefore It effects them how they Believe/Think it will.
    Because you believe it helps you relax, Therefore you become relaxed which helps with your BP. In my case, It get me Hyper So feel the need to keep doing somthing.
    ====================
    I may do a Trick....

patricks, not trying to be offensive but your info is all incredibility wrong. I could find and provide many links to more correct information about cannabis and it's medicinal uses, if you or anyone is interested.

patricks,

I can tell you from personal experience that marijuana greatly reduced my neuropathic burning pain. It only worked well if I used the proper amount/frequency. This would suggest that it is not perception that affects effectiveness, but the amount of THC in one's system.

As I Care said, there are many scientific studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of marijuana for many medical conditions. It is a injustice that marijuana is not legal and readily available to alleviate the pain and suffering of all human beings.

http://norml.org/index.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    If you can afford it buy a Volcano Vaporizer, it is definitely the best, don't buy any other vaporizer they just don't work.
    I disagree. I have an Extreme by Arizer and it works great. It's still overpriced, but A LOT cheaper than the Volcano. Plus the volcano only inflates bags whereas this one will do both bag and whip mode. Using the whip (hose with mouthpiece) is efficient if it's just one person hitting it. There are a lot of vaporizers on the market. Some are junk and some aren't. Here's a good forum dedicated to vaporizers which is very informative.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com

The main reason I purchased one is so I could use it myself without assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    IMO Marijuana is the best pain killer I have ever used. I have said it so many times and I will stick by my word until I find something better.
    MJ is the only thing that really relaxes me without the side effects of prescription medication.

Quote Originally Posted by I Care View Post
    patricks, not trying to be offensive but your info is all incredibility wrong. I could find and provide many links to more correct information about cannabis and it's medicinal uses, if you or anyone is interested.

There are many studies. For ever one that says one thing, can find many that condradict it. Cant find any links to the study that I was refering to. At JH I read it in a med journal some time ago. (very interesting) It greatly explained the outcome of MJ useages and why the effects vary. In much more detail then I can explain.

Personal Example: Nero. Burning pain greatly increases for me, as some it decreases. I get more hyper. Others get more relaxed. Its different because of perceptions. (FYI. Nero burning pain increases as anxiety levels rise, I suggest tryn the use of anti anxiety meds. ex Atavan)
    ====================
    I may do a Trick....

It's different for many reasons, one thing is the strain of the marijuana. A Sativa dominant strain is racey, makes you feel hyper and energetic, but I don't think it's a good pain reliever. An Indica dominant strain is relaxing, and can even be sedating, good for spasms, appetite, sleep and pain.

As far as the studies, I guess that's true for many things, but beware that here in the US, our government either doesn't want people to know the truth or they are stupid as hell.