Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana for pain relief.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marijuana for pain relief.

I know some people use marijuana to treat their pain/spasms. I was wondering the following.
    1. How much do you smoke at a time?
    2. How many times per day?
    3. Do you take any meds?

I figured I'd ask before I try.

1. a bowl

2. Only at night after dinner and everything is done. I dont like to blaze during the day because I have errands and therapy, and it will make me lazy.

3. I only take 4ap ( I try to be as natural as possible). cant take the drug at night because it makes me hyper, thus the reason I blaze at night.

you live in NY so I assume you're going to do it the illegal way. I dont think the herb is as strong as the medical grade stuff. but good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight

2. Only at night after dinner and everything is done. I dont like to blaze during the day because I have errands and therapy, and it will make me lazy.

I dont think the herb is as strong as the medical grade stuff. but good luck.
    I agree with Imight do it after dinner when all your day stuff is done then you can relax. I was on a weed study to see if it help with spasms but the dose was so weak it did nothing for me. The herb is much stronger then the medical grade plus it depends who you buy it off also i guess lol.

I also did a weed study (paid!) thru UCDavis.

I use the ganj for pain. I take little to no meds daily and just deal with my pain but by nightfall I'll sometimes fire up a J if it gets to be too much. It also helps me deal with my insomnia too.

I find if I wake-n-bake I'm apt to either not get anything really accomplished or I just end up smoking more all day and I'm not about becoming a professional burnout.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Sativex is not available in the US but you can make a tincture that is essentially the same thing.

I start the day with it in my coffee. Really helps spasicity without side effects of smoking.
    It's easy to make, simply grind up some pot (leaf will do, bud trimmings are perfect) put it in a jar and cover with alcohol (I prefer gin but Vodka or everclear works too), and put it in the freezer for two to four weeks occasionally shake it up. Strain off the tincture and put it in an eyedropper bottle. 10 - 20 drops is a good place to start for a dosage. last about four hours or so.

It's the only drug that I use for spacisity ( and pain). The effects are subtle yet effective.
    I also smoke it which helps with pain but doesn't reduce the spasicity as much.

YMMV
    jeff
    Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Sativex is not available in the US but you can make a tincture that is essentially the same thing.
    I'd LOVE to make a tincture, but not with street weed... Is it possible to order Sativex from a "Canadian Pharmacy"?
    "Let your food be your medicine" - Hippocrates

thanks.

I've been contemplating about smoking weed to but i've always worried about how my lungs would be but i found the magic stuff. i don't know much about it because i was just given a sample to try. it's called sativex, it's an oral spray and the main components are THC and cannabidiol...so basically it's weed in a spray bottle. there are 2 parts to weed 1. the part that makes you feel stoned and 2. the part that takes away the pain. they separate the part that makes you feel stoned and just keep the pain reliever. i'm meeting with a pain management doctor next week or the week after to get more. look Sativex up on google, there is lots of info

sativex

Quote Originally Posted by powerwheels
    I've been contemplating about smoking weed to but i've always worried about how my lungs would be but i found the magic stuff. i don't know much about it because i was just given a sample to try. it's called sativex, it's an oral spray and the main components are THC and cannabidiol...so basically it's weed in a spray bottle. there are 2 parts to weed 1. the part that makes you feel stoned and 2. the part that takes away the pain. they separate the part that makes you feel stoned and just keep the pain reliever. i'm meeting with a pain management doctor next week or the week after to get more. look Sativex up on google, there is lots of info
    Anyone know if sativex is available in the USA?

Ive heard about that spray. I prefer the ol fashion way.

Basically if you want to relieve pain, get a strong indica strain like OG Kush.

Sativa is more of a head (stoney) type of high.

They do sell hybrids which come in blends like Grapefruit Haze. Its something like 80% indica 20% sativa.