Thread: Low pressure Air Mattress,

Low pressure Air Mattress,

Marmalady told me of a company but I lost the info. Could you give me that again. Are there any other places to buy these beds worth looking into. My son had his flap surgery and will be on the Clinatron for 4 more weeks. As hatefully noisy as these air filled mattresses are, our thinking is we will need one for him for the rest of his life.I guess we also need a backup generator because of the possibility of power outages.

What you want is a LAL (low air loss) pressure reducing mattress. There are a lot out there on the market that are satisfactory. I would recommend the Triline TxCair or the Invacare Microair 3500S. I have seen a lot of the latter posted on eBay. Don't get an overlay or "alternating pressure" mattress or pad. They are not sufficient for the amount of pressure reduction he needs.

If you don't want to purchase a generator, you can also purchase a good quality foam replacement mattress such as the Triline ProCair VR as a back-up for power outages.

(KLD)

awesome. do u have a company u guys use that u could recomend?

You can deal directly with either Invacare or Triline, or as I said, purchase on-line through eBay. If you purchase through a local vendor you are going to have to pay more, and also pay delivery and set up charges.

If you really want a local vendor, you will have to look in to Yellow Pages under DME providers or check with your local hospital, home health agency or rehab center to see who has the products you want, or ask Triline or Invacare (on their websites) who their local vendors are.

(KLD)

(KLD)

I couldnt find Trilines web site and when I went to invacare I couldnt locate that bed. But I will check out ebay.

By the way is it something Medicare would cover if we had Doctors orders?

Medicare will only cover a LAL mattress if you already have a stage III or IV pressure ulcer. They will not cover it for healing from a flap (usually) or for prevention of pressure ulcers.

Here is the website for Triline: www.trilinemedical.com

Here is the Invacare Microair 3500S.

(KLD)