Thread: Meds for nightime pain/spasticity

Meds for nightime pain/spasticity

I'm in need of a med for the burning freezing cold feet on fire that I get at night (or can't tune out...) along with spasticity... Any suggestions as my dr. is not very sci-smart,...
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Emi, many people take a larger dose of their anti-spasticity meds at bedtime, and it is possible to take a med like Neurontin or Lyrica only at bedtime too. Have you tried that?

(KLD)

No, I haven't been on meds since just after rehab. I don't take anything for daytime spasticity. I'll look up those two meds...
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Smile Pain / Spasticity

I've been taking 300 mg of neurontin , vicoden and flexiril to help the pain and spasticity problems.Still have big problems with major incontinent problems that I need to see the uro man for

I took Neurotin at bedtime
    I started to develop urinary incontinence while I was sleeping after I started taking the medication for about one week. I quit taking the medication and the incontinence left. I don't know if it's coincidental.

I take Tizanidine at night (and sometimes during the day) to subdue the spasms long enough to sleep.

Although I wasn't able to take Neurontin or Lyrica you may have success with one or both of those for the pain.

"When it comes to a choice between two evils, I will always choose the one I haven't tried before." - Mae West

Whatever medication that you end up trying, remember to give it a little time to work. For some medications, that can take several weeks. And remember that one medication may not work and another may.
    CKF