Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do quad cook eggs?

how do quad cook eggs?

ive bought myself a george foreman grill and a rice maker/steamer for my veggies and its made life easier. i cook practically everything on my grill, throw the meat on then bobs your uncle! but i miss having a good fried or poached egg. it takes quite some menuervering to crack them eggs which pretty much end up on me instead of in the bowl lol..any ideas?? making scrambled eggs are alright but those poached eggs hmmmm...eggs with steak, bacon, sausages,baked beans and toast now thats a breakfast..my mouths watery now! ha

Wow, just looking at that picture made me start to drool. Yum. I just break them into a little silicone cup and then throw them in the microwave. They aren't going to come out as pretty as the above pic, but they taste OK.

Quite honestly I suspect cooking eggs is an art form for anybody, Julia Child nothwithstanding. I can't begin to count how many omelette's I've tried and botched one way or the other in the search for fluffy perfection, lol

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ~McLovin~
    but i miss having a good fried or poached egg. it takes quite some menuervering to crack them eggs which pretty much end up on me instead of in the bowl lol..any ideas?? making scrambled eggs are alright but those poached eggs hmmmm...eggs with steak, bacon, sausages,baked beans and toast now thats a breakfast..my mouths watery now! ha
    i dont cook eggs much anymore but my favorite way to fry a egg is in about 4 inches of oil, oil has to be real hot, but not 2 hot, if done right the eggs will be slight golden brown and about a 1/2 inch thick

to get a cpl of good fried eggs i start with about 6, i get the good ones, dogs get the ones with broken yolk

I put the egg in a ladle then hold it in simmering water til it firms up a bit and then pour it into the super simmering water. add a teaspoon of vinegar to water when it starts to simmer
    scoop out and eat

CLC 4 inches of oil?? Holy crap that's fried!!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

When I ate regular eggs, I'd place it between two hands and smash them together over a bowl so that only the contents sans the shell slipped through. Later, I bought the prewhipped eggs in the carton. Just open it and pour the contents right into the pan. No cracking or whipping required.

your prof says c7. if function is c7, here's what i do. boil water, ease eggs in with ladle. cook 3 min, as i like soft yolk. ladle out, cool, use butter knife to gently crack over toast.

scrambled eggs easier. crack em over side of bowl, stir em up, pour in frying pan and use wooden spatula to stir. for a fried egg, do same, only don't stir. put a bit of butter in frying pan, add egg, use spatula to get it out and/or turn over for over easy.

there are also microwave egg cookers, but still have to crack em and they do tend to explode outta microwave. hate microwave cooking anyway
    Last edited by cass; 06-06-2008 at 02:56 AM.

I like fryed eggs, crispy.

Well, I think have discovered fluffy egg perfection! LOL, and it turned out to be so simple.

Here's what I did. Used a SMALL, 7 inches or so, skillet. In bowl, whip up 3 eggs, add a little milk (2 tablespoon or so), cap of vanilla, whip some more. Meanwhile, melt a bit of butter in the skillet at medium low heat, pour the excess into the eggs, whip a little more. This part's pretty optional. finally, add about a tablespoon of water. Do NOT mix it up. Pour into the skillet, use a silicone spatula to move some of the eggs to the center of the skillet, then pop a lid on, and wait a few minutes. When you take it off it'll have puffed up nicely and hopefully be almost done on top. You can top with whatever you like at this point, cheese, tomatoes, etc

Only downside is you can't really fold it, more like a big pancake. But it still tastes great.

Tom

there is a very easy and foolproof way to make poached eggs...buy an egg cooker. ours is a cuisinart and all you do is break the eggs into the little holder...holds 3...then pour in the measured amount of water from the little cup that comes with it. the cooker beeps when they are done. they come out perfect every single time. also, you are a lot less likely to get burned than trying to dip eggs out of boiling water. in addition, this egg cooker makes perfect boiled eggs too. for boiled ones you can chose soft, medium or hard. i think oster makes an egg cooker too, but i can only attest to the cuisinart one as far as how well it works. my husband loves poached eggs and we use ours all the time. i have never had a single egg turn out wrong. easy clean up too, just wash the little egg holder and wipe out the inside of the cooker.
    you can see the one we bought here...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a