Seen any good movies lately?

has anyone seen any good movies lately?
    harold and kumar?
    strangers?

Check out this long-lived thread:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=71552

(KLD)

iron man

Saw Iron man this past weekend. Not a real fan of Science Fiction, but went with 20 something son. I did enjoy it in the concept of bigscreen, surround sound, etc. As a woman--- Robt. Downey Jr. is SO HOT !!! Those eyes !! Could watch him in anything. First saw him in the Chaplin story. He is a great talent. Hope the drug problems are behind him.
    Would be a waste to see him lost.

Quote Originally Posted by rebajane
    Saw Iron man this past weekend. Not a real fan of Science Fiction, but went with 20 something son. I did enjoy it in the concept of bigscreen, surround sound, etc. As a woman--- Robt. Downey Jr. is SO HOT !!! Those eyes !! Could watch him in anything. First saw him in the Chaplin story. He is a great talent. Hope the drug problems are behind him.
    Would be a waste to see him lost.
    Well then get this flick: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005),which is a lota fun and which I watched for (among other things) Michelle Monaghan and Shannyn Sossamon.

Thanks for linking us back KLD; reading the beginning of that thread brings back a lot of enjoyable memories; Leon/The Professional, Natalie Portman, Gary Oldman - btw, to get an idea of Oldman's talent and range and to see the best of the Batman movies as well, watch Batman Begins (2005). He plays Jim Gordon in it, a straight-man straight cop and he's totally believable in this 'average good-guy' part. Not to mention, the flick is one of the best ever made.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Untraceable was really good thriller, but it gets a little gory but not to bad. So was National Treasure Two... I loved the first one
    MandyRae

I watch a lot of foreign films and saw three recently that I thought were great!

Persepolis: saw it with the guy I'm seeing and he's an artist so it was great to have another take on the film. It's about a young woman growing up in Iran and how she fought to remain true to herself during a period of time where there were a lot of restrictions on how women were permitted to live.

Family Law: it's about a relationship between fathers and sons

Dark Blue, Almost Black: about a guy who gets continually screwed over in life .....but I really liked the film!!!

recent movies from netflix, and i always lag, Talk to Me, Howards End, The Namesake, The Painted Veil, Fracture. Fracture stands out as it had me guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    recent movies from netflix, and i always lag, Talk to Me, Howards End, The Namesake, The Painted Veil, Fracture. Fracture stands out as it had me guessing.
    You are lagging. I thought you'd taken a break from work; what are you doing besides catching up on flicks that have been out for years - decade and half for Howards End. I didn't see Talk to Me or The Namesake but of the remaining three I'd be hard pressed to pick a fav. I'm impressed with Naomi Watts ability to project personas like a chameleon. If you've seen her flawless performances in The Ring, The Painted Veil and Stay I think you'll agree. Even her look changes so totally (hight notwithstanding) it's hard to credit it's the same artist.

Cass, have you seen The Corporation?
    J.B.S.Haldane

Bump.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Theater: I saw The Eye, Ironman, The Ruins, Sex In The City, and The Strangers. Ironman was good (the final fight could have played out better), The Ruins was aaaalllllriiigghhhht, SITC was really really funny, and The Strangers was a HUGE letdown. I actually thought The Eye was great.

DVD: Recently I have seen Deja Vu, Shooter, The Jackal, Mercury Rising, The Manchurian Candidate, The Forgotten, Batman Forever, and Resident Evil 3, just to name a few...They are all amongst my favorite movies.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out