Thread: WTB: Top End Excelerator - 18" wide seat

Smile WTB: Top End Excelerator - 18" wide seat

I'm looking to buy a Top End Excelerator hand cycle with an 18" wide seat. I'm looking for an Excelerator because of its high ground to seat dimension and being a c7 quad, I want to be able to transfer on and off with little or no help. I live in the Detroit area and my email is jphellrung@comcast.net.

Thanks
    Jacob Hellrung

I wonder if you really need the 18" seat - I have 18" seat on my everyday chair but have never needed more than 16" on bike. A wider seat makes transfer back to everyday chair a bit more difficult as you have to get that leg over the seat, narrower is easier. I have XLT Pro by the way and the seat on that has 3 positions. At the highest position seat is just about 16" off ground.

Been tyrying to sell mine

Hmm, thanks for the info. I will see if I can try a 16" wide seat. The info. I've seen on the XLT PRO says it can get to a 12" ground to seat height, but not 16". I might be able to transfer up from 16" without help, but I doubt I could do 12".
    Jacob Hellrung

I just measured my XLT Pro and it is 15 and 1/2" from ground to top of seat, I do use a mini roho under the seat cover but it is no more than 1/2" tall. The XLT Pro has 2 brackets under the seat with 3 holes in them. These brackets attach to the frame under the seat and dictate seat height. When shipped these are normally set up in the hole closest to seat bottom making the seat as low as possible. I bought my bike from Sportaid and had it shipped to me with the seat mounted by the bottom hole making the seat as high as possible. I live about 25 miles south of Flint, if you want to try the transfer, PM me. I am not selling the bike but would be happy for you to stop by and try the transfer and ride if it would help with your decision.