Thread: Wii

Question Wii

Helppppppppppppp,
    We have a Wii, I need help with steering wheel, is there something that can be put on so it won't keep slipping out of my grasp which isn't much. I'm a C5-6 quad w/ limitd finger dexterity so need help holding onto the wheel in Mario Kart, any suggestions would be very helpful.
    ty
    REDSWHEELZ

Spinner knob with velcro on it, and a velcro band on your hand or glove?
    Never played it, so I'm just throwing this out there. Good luck.

Wii

I hope the creative folks on here come up with something that works for you - I'm sure they will!

Question for you Red - I was thinking of getting my BF a Wii - are you able to hold and manipulate the controller for the games like bowling? It's so much fun and I think he would enjoy it, I just wonder if he'd be able to hold it and push down in the right places at the right times.

Cool wii

Let me get back to you Pot, it's been awhile since I playd the sports gane, if I remember right bowling was kind of iffy. I am able to play baseball, tennis w/ the use of an ace bandage. The best workout is boxing, I tired myself during practice before I even started. I'm a C5-6 complete w/ lmtd finger dexterity but I do ok in baseball, tennis. If you know someone who has one I'd suggest to go try it. I get a good workout w/ Mario Kart just have to find a way to keep the wheel in my hands, hope this helpd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    REDSWHWEELZ

Quote Originally Posted by potluck
    I hope the creative folks on here come up with something that works for you - I'm sure they will!

Question for you Red - I was thinking of getting my BF a Wii - are you able to hold and manipulate the controller for the games like bowling? It's so much fun and I think he would enjoy it, I just wonder if he'd be able to hold it and push down in the right places at the right times.
    Oh man, that Wii is wicked. My best friend has one, and for most of the games I've played you only use the joystick/controller motion or 1, maybe 2 buttons at the very most. The A button is on top and the B button is underneath like a trigger (Similar to the button underneath the Ninerndo 64 controller)

I'm sure if you search online here there are more posts about it, but when I was just playing it Tuesday, I was noticing how simple the controller was and that I would be able to play many of the games even with very little hand control.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I hold the controller fairly well. Sometimes I'll use a hair elastic around my thumb and controller for better grip. You could try a velcro strap around the steering wheel and each thumb, or 2 zipties around the wheel making a loop for each thumb to fit in.