Thread: Anyone dealt with motion concepts?

Anyone dealt with motion concepts?

my wheelchair dealer has recommended that I get an invacare tdx spbase and a power recline seat from a company called motion concepts... he thinks the sheer on the invacare recline will be far too severe... thus motion concepts-http://www.motionconcepts.com/

thanks, if anyone has any experience

I currently have a Motion Concepts reclining seat on an Invacare TDX5 base. I had heard, about 3 years ago when I ordered the chair, that Invacare was purchasing Motion Concepts.

The space between the lower end of the back support and the top of my 3 inch Roho cushion seem to wide and at times my butt shifts back too far when I do a recline. That shift results in my calfs being close to the hard top of the seat (below the Roho) after returning upright after reclines.

The armrests I have are flat cushion over metal plates (black approx. 3" x 12") and the cushion material tears from the plate within a few months of heavier use.

Otherwise the Motion Concepts seating is functioning well.

Invacare owns Motion Concepts, but they still function as an independent company. Motion manufacturers many of the components used in Invacare's power seating systems. Complete power seating systems manufactured by Motion Concepts (such as their UltraLow system) are built to more precise tolerances and are engineered for durability. They also do good custom work. I'm in the process of doing three UltraLow tilt/recline systems for veterans with C5-6 quadriplegia who drive from their chairs and need everything to be configured very specifically to be able to function.

While I have also seen the same issue with their arm pads, they make quality stuff and warranty many components for life.

thank you, I had never heard of the company and was a little dubious, they are taking a long time to get me a price quote especially

Motion concepts also makes the Matrix backs I believe?

I just got the TDXsp with Motion Concepts recline / tilt / elevate. It is great and was scripted by Craig Hospital for me. Just make sure you take plenty of time with your DME and set up your 4 speeds and control responses very carefully. Hope you love it as much as I do!
    Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
    "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"