Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Marijuana

I've been suffering anxiety for as long as i've been a live (i think). I tried taking meds for it, but none ever worked. I have been suffering immense leg pain now for about 3 months. A month after i got out of hospital for a hip reconstruction, I fell out of my wheelchair which has caused, as i have now been able to confirm, a torn muscle.

I've used marijuana socially since I was 15 (at parties). I don't party much when I do its usually a couple of mates smoking or drinking around a table playing poker for sheep stations. I have pretty much give up on alcohol, it never agreed with me anyway, so spliffin is my vice.

I gave up the narcotic pain relief for some spliff time about a month ago, I felt the narcs were just messing with my head even more. Today the pain was too intense, but? I had to go to work, I had so much to do. I always swore I would never go to work under the influence of any drugs, not even prescribed pain relief. Before I left for work I decided to catch the train to work, but not before having a half a spliff (joint). It was only one toke - that one toke was enough to calm it down just enough for the train ride to work.

Weellll let me tell you. The day was the most productive and coolest day I can ever remember having. I didn't take much notice of it at first but I was so much more aware and focused and unfazed and so much less disorientated (all messed up by stress usually) - Every thing was so clear. The anxiety which affected every aspect of my life and didnt go away even after 3 years of therapy - was non existent. It just vanished, like it was never a problem - like it never existed.

Everyone at work noticed a difference. Scared the crap out of me when someone asked if i had got laid the nite b4, I was like "Oh shit!!! they can tell I am ripped!!!" . Apparently my cool demeanor had everyone confused...

I never noticed it but one of the office juniors made a mistake and I just shrugged it off as an honest error - which it was. But usually because I am under pressure from my boss I am sometimes firm with the people that work for me - well... it's a pressure cooker environment and I do get a bit tired sometimes which brings out the bastard in me, not the violent real asshole bring people to tears type. I doubt I am on anyones list to kill - I hope not. Okay I prolly suck as a workmate.

Apparently she was getting ready for the Riot Act. She didn't get it... today I was on fire for the whole day, not just smoking it. I was cool, calm and very collected the whole day, and it was fairly intense day with a bigger workload than usual.

I thought dope was meant to make you lazy and/or paranoid schitzophrenic. I remember the first time I tried it, me and a mate were in his car waiting to go into a party and he pulls out a pipe. We took a few tokes and within minutes I was being forced to calm this dude down. He had a panic attack right in front of me. Took me 10 minutes (I'm not kidding) to calm him down and convince him that not every car passing by was a cop car. One of my other mates sons is heavily addicted (21 no job, no prospects and a rap sheet to go along with it). He has no desire to work, would rather hock the next door neighbours flatscreen tv than work. This is why I never did dope outside of a social setting (no more than once a month). I never wanna turn out like this. This is my predicament. I've seen dope ruin relationships and do it's best to ruin lives and I don't want that to happen to me.

Even now my heads in a buzz. I just want to go out and do something. I cant, half my mates are at a school reunion and the other half are prolly half way up a mountain somewhere in Nepal, I can't remember what the mountain was called??? It's not Mt Everest, but I think it's one of the top 10...
    Last edited by Keiser; 09-25-2009 at 04:09 AM.

I have heard that marijuana can help with pain and some associated sci injuries. I'm sure it's not a sure fix for your pain, but it did offer you some relief that day.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Keiser, if it works for you, great.

You should use the least amount that is effective.

I have known a lot of SCI that swear by it for muscle spasms & pain. Just remember it is illegal so check your local laws. Be sure check out the person you get it from. I have tried it and it only makes me sleepy.

Thanks

David

Hello,

Interesting account of your day.
    Marijuana is used as a relief of pain and is available as a prescription under Dronabinol. Perhaps, you might want to consider speaking with your clinician as to whether it would be indicated in your case. Many people get good relief and it may make you feel better about taking it regularly as the quanitity would be monitored. I'm sure it also helps with anxiety.
    That said, I would not recommend you using this at high doses recreationally as a single way to deal with anxiety. This would best be coupled with interventiosn such as talk therapy or cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). YOu should read up on this method (CBT), there have been good results with anxiety.

AAD

i do know it worked get for my spasms but as for pain it did nothing for me.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

It actually exacerbates my neuro pain. But the antianxiety and antidepressant properties that Keiser speaks of are worth the trade-off. The key is to use the minimum amount possible.

That said, Keiser, one toke and you demolish half a spliff! That's quite the lung capacity!

marinol and dronabinal = waste! i took 15 at once one time and still no effect! just smoke some good pot. =)

All in moderation my friend. Glad it was helpful to get you through the day. About become lame, just toke a little. People that invest all their time and energy pursuing a high are the slackers...
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hello,

Interesting account of your day.
    Marijuana is used as a relief of pain and is available as a prescription under Dronabinol. Perhaps, you might want to consider speaking with your clinician as to whether it would be indicated in your case. Many people get good relief and it may make you feel better about taking it regularly as the quanitity would be monitored. I'm sure it also helps with anxiety.
    That said, I would not recommend you using this at high doses recreationally as a single way to deal with anxiety. This would best be coupled with interventiosn such as talk therapy or cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). YOu should read up on this method (CBT), there have been good results with anxiety.

AAD
    I'm not familiar with Dronabinol. Is this something that's legal in NC? More information would be appreciated!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem