Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if one enemeez wont work can I use 2?

if one enemeez wont work can I use 2?

Since enemeez is the gentlest for me I am trying to contue using it. Sometimes enemeez get me great results but other times it really doesn't do much. Can I use two when it's not working as well? What can I do in the event 1 enemeez is not quite doing it?

Hi,

Preferred would be to increase your fluids and fiber in this case or you could add a stool softener (docusate/colace). I have heard of people using 2 on a limited basis only for those tims that one doesn't work.
    As a regular practice, it is not a good thing.

AAD

well I tried two but pretty much the same.....I drink alot of water already and have good fiber.so far my dose of DSS is 500/day, trying to ease into it.its just scary when you do the Bp and there are no results......does enemeez bring down the stool at all cause I can't feel any up there before I use it.

Yeah - actually pretty sure you'll get a result - a few hours later when in your chair...:-P

My boyfriend sometimes uses two to get a more thorough clean-out (that is, his old PCA likes to do this when they travel, and he lets her...)

But in case the first one doesn't produce at all, I would use a different kind as #2 - one with bisacodyl (same as in the magic bullets). Took us some time to find - in Denmark they are named "Toilax".

I wonder this mixing of suppositories is bad for you? I tried to use enemeez with just a tiny bit of magic bullet and it worked...is thatbad?

Hi,

Mixing them is not bad, but it is the idea that you are adding another medication and folks usually like to keep meds at a minimum. I believe it would be OK to mix htem once in a while as needed. You also may want to consider a switch to the Magic Bullet as many people have good results with them.

AAD

unfortuneately the magic bullet is a little too powerful even if I use a little bit. The enemeez is muchmore tolerable but needs a little kick. So I use the enemeez for a little libricating effect and a tiny bit of magic bullet to move things down....might soundd wierd and I was just checking to see if this was ok....

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985

Mixing MB and enemeez

I bet that will work for you, based on my experience. I recently tried it the other way around and had no luck. I started with 1/3 MB and got only half the usual stool. Then I did enemeez and got nothing more (just a little liquid). So I agree that MB works better for "deep" peristalsis. Enemeez seems fast at the beginning, but doesn't go "higher." So I don't think more than one enemeez will make a difference, but everybody is different.

Besides the fiber and water effects, I think the rest of diet can also be a big factor. Beef or cheese can slow things down for me so that nothing works. Do you notice the foods that stop you up?

I know you're not into laxatives, but I've been experimenting lately to see what affects me, and try to reduce the sweating from the MB. When I think my bowels will be slow the next day (e.g I ate beef or cheese), I've taken 2 sennakot (8.6 mg each; just one doesn't seem to do anything) right before bed. Then I do 1/3 MB the next morning, and I get a very complete evacuation, and very little sweating after effect. My theory (after only two trials) is that the senna helps clear out the MB "residue."

Vitamin C also seems to make me go. So, instead of senna, I tried taking it (pills) throughout the day (only the day prior to BC), about 1600% of RDA total (1000 mg). I had some good results the next morning with no suppository at first. But to get the rest, I used 1/3 MB; and it definitely cleaned everything out. However, I sweat pretty badly that day. So I think Vitamin C is harsher for me than senna, but I'd prefer not to use either of them.

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985

Colace DSS can slow you down!

Quote Originally Posted by emanshiu
    I drink alot of water already and have good fiber.so far my dose of DSS is 500/day, trying to ease into it.its just scary when you do the Bp and there are no results.
    I heard you saying DSS, but I didn't realize until now that's the same as Colace. I avoid taking it, as do a few others here, I think. It seems to make the stool soft, but actually keep it from moving! I bet that's your problem.

I think fiber and water keep the stool soft already. You should try stopping the DSS and see what happens. But eat lots of fiber, like WHOLE wheat, brown rice, or beans.

Quote Originally Posted by dnvrdave
    DSS, but I didn't realize until now that's the same as Colace. I avoid taking it, as do a few others here, I think. It seems to make the stool soft, but actually keep it from moving! I bet that's your problem.
    Can I get a ruling on this SCI nurse? Is this true?