Thread: Billet hand controls

Billet hand controls

I am trying to find the best hand controls for use on a pro street type car. I saw on an old episode of monster garage a set of polished billet hand controls. I can't get any info on them. I am an L1 para and have full use of my upper body. Also does anyone have a grip type throttle for the steering wheel. I am running an automatic but I would like to be able to drive with my left and shift with my right. I have an old set of mobility products, left hand, down throttle ,push brakes Any ideas or links would be appreciated. Galen my e-mail also is mechanicgdr@aol.com

Thanks, I will check these out. Galen

Quote Originally Posted by galen
    I am trying to find the best hand controls for use on a pro street type car. I saw on an old episode of monster garage a set of polished billet hand controls. I can't get any info on them. I am an L1 para and have full use of my upper body. Also does anyone have a grip type throttle for the steering wheel. I am running an automatic but I would like to be able to drive with my left and shift with my right. I have an old set of mobility products, left hand, down throttle ,push brakes Any ideas or links would be appreciated. Galen my e-mail also is mechanicgdr@aol.com

What kind of car is it?

I can custom make you a hand control system. In fact, I'm in the process of making one for myself. It's very similar to Evan Evens hand controls he uses in his race truck. They won't be billet but you could have them chromed and achieve the same effect...
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

http://www.wells-engberg.com/products.html

The CT-100 is all I've used in the three cars I've had since my accident. It works great - twist for gas/push for brake with the left hand. Reliable. I highly recommend it.
    6/18/00: T-5 complete

Oh, and the little "L" shaped thing that comes off the twist grip is a thumb rest. You actually push down on it with your thumb more than twisting the grip with your hand for the gas.
    6/18/00: T-5 complete