Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youngest "almost" engaged.

Youngest "almost" engaged.

I'm crying like a baby today. I went to see my youngest (25) son on my way home today. He tells me he met someone. I guess that they have been talking getting married. I havent met her yet. She is a student from Finland and after the wedding they would move to Moscow (and I dont mean the one in Idaho) and live where her father works at a company that he owns.
    I would miss my baby so very much. I am so very very happy for him. He has had his share of rotten girls in the past that made him swear off dating anyone for the past couple of years. He says that this one is a sweet, good girl. He so deserves it. He has had some very hard times in the last several years.
    I thought about this news, and realized that it would free me to do my own thing, so maybe it is not all that bad that he's thinking of leaving the country. But I cant help it, If he was gone so far away I would be all alone. My oldest doesnt live close. The thought makes me cry.

That is wonderful for your son, but I can see how you will miss him. My oldest is that age, and has been living a few hours a way for a while, but I see see him every few weeks. And I still have one at home, and 2 in college.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Aw, it's bittersweet, watching them fly!

I hear that ..... both my girls moved about 900 miles away and I was so lonely for them ..... then they moved back ..... one got homesick and I did my best to try and talk her through it (even though my heart said come home to mommy ) but she was just too young I guess ... not ready ... the older one ran into some personal issues and just needed to come home .... but she's already talking about going back ..... its weird at first it's so hard and then somehow you adapt ..... I wonder if its different with boys? My son is the same age as yours and I know its not politically correct to say but I just don't worry about him out there (in the cold cruel world) like I do my girls ......

I wish your son much happiness .... Moscow that's awesome ...... maybe you'll be able to go visit ... that'd be cool ! Of course I think of Rasputin when I think of Russia ...... but then I would ..... we could all use a little magic in our lives to go with the light ....

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

that sounds great skippy. I've had my share of rotten girls as well, and it's good to see a good guy get a girl he deserves!

I love mine so much, but I'm considering donating his bed and moving exercise equipment into his room. Ya reckon he'd:

A. Get the hint

or

B. Sleep on the treadmill?

You should be proud that you raised independent men.

Hah, Betheny that's cold. My mom is about to do the same thing to my brother. 22 and doesn't like responsibilities. A shame, but he will learn once my mom takes the spoon out of his mouth.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Oh, they came and went many times before they finally moved out, but it was all in prep for their final departure. I told them that they could stay as long as they were working toward a goal of some kind, or going to school full time. No one was going to languish on the couch or be a bum. My oldest is just now finishing his degree in engineering at Oregon State University, and is employed by the US forest service. My youngest is working three jobs and working toward becoming a commercial pilot. They, (like most kids) needed hope, example and a plan. Some just take longer to get there than others.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    Hah, Betheny that's cold. My mom is about to do the same thing to my brother. 22 and doesn't like responsibilities. A shame, but he will learn once my mom takes the spoon out of his mouth.
    LOL, the one I speak of is 27! He did move out last week though. And I did remove the bed!

Ahhhbut Skippy, think of the wonderful vacations you would have never thought of takeing. To Finland to meet in-laws and wedding, then to Moscow(not Idaho one) to visit son and gr-children in a couple of yrs.