Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Handicapped Crosshatch Grid Parking Violations

Quote Originally Posted by alex17
    People parking in the crosshatched areas are way too common, usually it's the fat and lazy people that are given a handicapped window tag by their doctor. It's happened to me a couple times and security tells you they have a handicap tag which is a load of shit because clearly it is not a space to park but for unloading and loading of a vehicle. Bout time you hear of a fine for the crosshatch infraction. I believe there needs to be tighter guidelines for obtaining handicapped parking priveldges not just a doctor filling out a application because someone can't walk too far, wtf are you going to the mall for then!!
    How can you call them fat and lazy? Do you think it's easy eating all that extra food each and every day; that working their jaws with all that added chewing and their throats with all that extra swallowing is easy. How about just ambulating with all that extra insulation weighing them down and heating them up? Reality check!
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

3/17/16 Got to the Ventura County Hospital Emergency Room and there were no parking spots available. Had an ill passenger in pain as a passenger and had to get her to the ER. When I returned there was a ticket. No one called out in the ER waiting room to see who had parked in handicapped area. Ticket on windshield. Anyone have a similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Carloslvii View Post
    3/17/16 Got to the Ventura County Hospital Emergency Room and there were no parking spots available. Had an ill passenger in pain as a passenger and had to get her to the ER. When I returned there was a ticket. No one called out in the ER waiting room to see who had parked in handicapped area. Ticket on windshield. Anyone have a similar experience?
    Pay the ticket. Next time don't park there. You probably could have gotten assistance right at the entrance for your passenger to get inside and then you could find legal parking.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You are not going to find much sympathy on this site for illegally parking in a handicapped spot. Actually glad you were ticketed. Hope it was a big enough fine to make you remember to not do it again.

(KLD)

Handicapped parking is getting worse....no room to get your lift out most the time. I try and find a spot next to were no one else can park.....that don't work all the time either. Nobody gives a dam unless its them. Places open all night is your best bet.... shopping like midnight till 3am......lol
    Art

Doesn't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    Handicapped parking is getting worse....no room to get your lift out most the time. I try and find a spot next to were no one else can park.....that don't work all the time either. Nobody gives a dam unless its them. Places open all night is your best bet.... shopping like midnight till 3am......lol
    I tried doing that. One night I went to Giant Eagle and there was a Mustang convertible part in handicap parking with 4 teenagers in it laughing and having a good time so I parked in the opposite stop. While in the store the the driver was buying beer!

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

What a bizarre post! This person with no user profile, no posting history and presumably zero connection to the SCI community finds his way to this forum to complain about a handicapped parking ticket violation?! Too rich.

Blog Entries
    there s a nice little jaunt down memory lane. Does anyone know how Cass or Liz or Jeff is doing/ I haven't noticed any of them around, although I've only been back a bit.

Saw this on my Twitter feed yesterday. It is something rather than nothing but I think my verbiage would be a bit more aggressive:
    http://www.braunability.com/handicap...-save-my-spot/

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    but I think my verbiage would be a bit more aggressive:
    Something like this?

Or one of these? http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photo...ndshield-signs