Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handicapped Crosshatch Grid Parking Violations

My guess is that the van driver needed extra room to exit the vehicle, and lacked the good sense to back into the slot. Those are very narrow HC slots. Probably not in compliance.

The motorcycle made me laugh.

Those are very narrow spots. I don't see how the one guy can get out of his car without hitting the other one. And those are small cars.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Motorcycles in the slashes are way to common. I think they are their parking spots.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Where I buy my food, there's a large parking lot. And the majority of the time, there is a car parked on the many grids between two handicap parking spots, and there are 3 or 4 lanes with this setup.

And the car in the grid most usually has a placard or plate, also, so I believe some think because theyr'e disabled, they're allowed to park on the grid....just because they feel the right due to their circumstances, regardless of the law or the people parked legally on the blue dot spots; do they wonder what impact it may have on the others? Sometimes I've seen four cars with placard/plates squeezed in the space of the two hc spots plus one middle grid. Especially on Thursdays, when they have their sales promotions.

I haven't yet witnessed when all four particpants in such a situation reach their vehicles simultaneously in their wheelchairs...

But I betcha it's almost as good as watching bumper cars when we were kids waiting in line to be driving one of 'em
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    These are over by 2'' too.
    I'm guessing that the Mercury is parked that way so that the driver can get a wheelchair in and out of their vehicle without their door smacking the car in the next spot. In that situation, I back into the parking space. And I bet that motorcyclist hasn't a clue that they are doing anything wrong. I see bikes parked in the crosshatch, with an empty stall next to them, fairly regularly. It seems that if they really didn't give a crap, they would just park in the gimp spot and move on.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I'm guessing that the Mercury is parked that way so that the driver can get a wheelchair in and out
    Actually, I call that ''blue hair parking'', lol. I typically associate them with that kind of vehicle. This, I would bet 90% of the time, is a case of just wheeling in and not checking where you are.. see it everytime I'm out.

And I bet that motorcyclist hasn't a clue that they are doing anything wrong.
    They actually think they are doing us a favor... They couldn't be more wrong as now he's blocking 2 van lifts.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I also see a LOT of the ''blue hair parking'' around here

I wonder if they are simply to lazy to turn the wheel and get into the space when I see them parked at an angle

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Actually, I call that ''blue hair parking'', lol. I typically associate them with that kind of vehicle. This, I would bet 90% of the time, is a case of just wheeling in and not checking where you are.. see it everytime I'm out.

They actually think they are doing us a favor... They couldn't be more wrong as now he's blocking 2 van lifts.
    Ron.

oh lord, are people that gullible? i hope not.

geocities oughta pull that crap.

and, methinks, op, you oughta not spam your site here with a bs story.
    Last edited by cass; 05-28-2008 at 11:06 PM.

People parking in the crosshatched areas are way too common, usually it's the fat and lazy people that are given a handicapped window tag by their doctor. It's happened to me a couple times and security tells you they have a handicap tag which is a load of shit because clearly it is not a space to park but for unloading and loading of a vehicle. Bout time you hear of a fine for the crosshatch infraction. I believe there needs to be tighter guidelines for obtaining handicapped parking priveldges not just a doctor filling out a application because someone can't walk too far, wtf are you going to the mall for then!!