Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handicapped Crosshatch Grid Parking Violations

Handicapped Crosshatch Grid Parking Violations

* Cass was correct as to the severity of the fines for violations of 22507.8 CVC, the crosshatch or grid lines meant to aid disabled persons.
    I went to the local MEGA store (you know the one) only to return and find a citation for violation of 22507.8(a) on the windshield. The ticket simply said “crosshatch” and a fine of $290.00! What!! I had never even heard of a “crosshatch”!
    * Let me make it clear that I am a disabled person myself, and when I went to park there were shopping carts in the handicapped stall, apparently placed there by store employees while gathering carts. Since I need my wheelchair to get in and out of the car, I could not simply get out, push the carts and then get bavk in and park. My tires were maybe 2” on the crosshatch or grid lines. My vehicle has a permanent disabled person plate on it. But After researching the statute, I was shocked to learn that it also includes handicapped persons, despite the fact that the statute professes to exist to benefit disabled persons!
    * $290.00!! Being on SSI and Social Security, I did not have much of a choice. Give up food, mortgage, or medicine… or challenge the ticket! I chose the latter and started to search the internet for an answer. Finally, I found someone who referred me to a unique and obscure website that showed me how to win the ticket. I now pass it on so that it might help others. The site is located at:
    http://www.geocities.com/crosshatch_22507/
    * Now I am as much against of handicapped parking spaces, but I am also against misuse of the statute by untrained officials! (That’s right, these tickets are usually issued by NON-police) The website ill explain it. God knows I have had to park at the far corner of many a parking lot only to see a perfectly healthy and/or person getting into the vehicle that was bearing a plastic placard and parked in the handicapped stall, while I wheel by inmy chair with painful arms!
    * We disabled persons have enough challenges in life without being “dumped on” by such callous statutes, laws and officials.
    Anyway, I hope this website reference will help others as it did me. By the way, I am a law abiding citizen with a perfect driving record at 60 yrs of age, and thanks to that site, it is still a clean record!
    * Good Luck and God Bless!

CA code:

22507.8. (a) It is unlawful for any person to park or leave standing any vehicle in a stall or space designated for disabled persons and disabled veterans pursuant to Section 22511.7 or 22511.8, unless the vehicle displays either a special identification license plate issued pursuant to Section 5007 or a distinguishing placard issued pursuant to Section 22511.55 or 22511.59.
    (b) It is unlawful for any person to obstruct, block, or otherwise bar access to those parking stalls or spaces except as provided in subdivision (a).
    (c) It is unlawful for any person to park or leave standing any vehicle, including a vehicle displaying a special identification license plate issued pursuant to Section 5007 or a distinguishing placard issued pursuant to Section 22511.55 or 22511.59, in either of the following places:
    (1) On the lines marking the boundaries of a parking stall or space designated for disabled persons or disabled veterans.
    (2) In any area of the pavement adjacent to a parking stall or space designated for disabled persons or disabled veterans that is marked by crosshatched lines and is thereby designated, pursuant to any local ordinance, for the loading and unloading of vehicles parked in the stall or space.

note: subdivision (a) is not an exemption in (c) (2). in CA, the fine for the above is $421.

source: http://www.csusm.edu/parking/linked%...es.htm#22507.8[/quote]

send me 20 bucks too for readin' it
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

So take a hearing.

Nothing personal, but I doubt it was only two inches. A shopping cart in the space would place your vehicle much farther into the crosshatching than two inches IMO. The crosshatching is there for a reason and its not bad parking abilities. Those in a van with a powerchair need almost every inch of that space in order to be independent. When you take that area by parking half of a vehicle or leaving a ramp/lift deployed instead of stowing, in the craosshatching, you take away anothers independence. We all need the space and hopefully can be respectful of one another.

Dave
    Dave

Yahoo! It's nice to hear that someone got cited for parking over the lines. Fight it if you need to, Gimpsters, but you were wrong, and should know better. The better way to fight it is to return to the store, and raise a stink with the manager about employees using the HC slot for cart storage.

Yea where are these people every where I go? I never see people cited. Went to SC last week. Every hc spot had a golf cart in the hash marks. I finally got sick of taking pictures to send in it was so bad.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

This guiy was over by two inches too. I snapped this for the head of the transportation dept on Sunday night. He's the one that said there isn't a parking problem in PA.
    Dave

My guess for the reason behind this van parked halfway on the marks is because some dick always comes along and parks his/her vehicle directly on top of the marks. Thus leaving the handy-boy sitting and waiting like a turd for Mr./Mrs. to move their vehicle.

I've seen it happen. I'm sure the person with this van has too. If he/she is disabled in some way.

BTW, what's with the cone behind the car?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad

BTW, what's with the cone behind the car?
    I have no idea. LOL

I think the van driver doesn't know how to park. It wasn't equipped with a lift.

Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    I have no idea. LOL
    Dave
    That's a big ass cone to be packin' around in the truck. LOL. If that's what that person is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    I think the van driver doesn't know how to park. It wasn't equipped with a lift.

Dave
    Yeah, I tried not to assume it had a lift but with the high-top I just figured it must.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad
    My guess for the reason behind this van parked halfway on the marks is because some dick always comes along and parks his/her vehicle directly on top of the marks. Thus leaving the handy-boy sitting and waiting like a turd for Mr./Mrs. to move their vehicle.
    If the van had a lift, there'd be no way they'd have room to lower it and exit a chair with that car there.

Gimpsters probly didn't even get a ticket.. just soliciting $20 from everyone. Where's your pic Gimp. showing that 2''? Had I gotten ticketed, I'd snap a pic showing exactly how I parked.

No thx sport, I need that 20 for gas for the boat.

These are over by 2'' too.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia