Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stem Cell Patient Praises Maverick Indian Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by chasb
    What I don't read in this story is: Within a reasonable period preceding his trip to India, whether any certified respiratory therapist attempted to test or remove him from his vent. A baseline test from which to compare any supposed improvement.

I am not saying one way or the other. However, it would be important to have that kind of data to answer questions that this patient has raised.
    Chasb,

Perry has gotten in touch with me. He is coming to the U.S. and I hope to see him this coming week. I have known Perry for more than 10 years. He has been on a ventilator during all the time that I have known him. I will find out more about and, if he is willing, report what I find.

Wise.

"Dr. Shroff and Dr. Ashish have been invited by the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin to present at a conference in Las Vegas on June 26, 2008. Dr. Shroff will have numerous American patients meeting her for the conference to support and provide their personal testimonials if needed."

This info is from Amanda Boxtel's blog AWAKENINGS... http://amandaboxtel.wordpress.com/

Stem cell hope for blind dad

By Hannah Davies

June 01, 2008 12:00am

A BRISBANE dad who has optic atrophy has regained his sight after receiving controversial embryonic stem-cell treatment in India. It reversed 15 years of degradation.
    Doctors told Martin Pitts, 35, he would never be able to see properly again after he was diagnosed with the eye disease optic atrophy at the age of nine.

The condition, which affects the optic nerve, caused his sight to slowly deteriorate until all he could see were dark and light shapes.

But after seven weeks of stem-cell injections, which cost more than $45,000, tests have revealed Mr Pitts' optic nerve is growing back, and his eyesight is back to the level it was 15 years ago, he says.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003426,00.html

While it is a good thing patient Perry is now able to breath for himself (for a period of time). I don't believe anything Dr Shroff injected into him made any difference.

A more likely scenario: Perry hasn't undergone a evaluation for some time. After Shroffs procedure he worked hard at concentrating to breath and noticed an improvement.

Shroffs patients are so desperate, they are willing to a form of shilling for her. Thier desperation overrides common sense. This unfortunately, is pathetic.

One way or the other, Gerons OPC1 cells will begin to be used for spinal cord injury (soon). These cells are the real deal. I have seen proprietary information, that I don't have approval to post. In the meantime don't fall prey to modern-day snake oil sales people.

All the above statements are based on present day information.

While it is a good thing patient Perry is now able to breath for himself (for a period of time). I don't believe anything Dr Shroff injected into him made any difference.

A more likely scenario: Perry hasn't undergone a evaluation for some time. After Shroffs procedure he worked hard at concentrating to breath and noticed an improvement.

Shroffs patients are so desperate, they are willing to a form of shilling for her. Thier desperation overrides common sense. This unfortunately, is pathetic.

One way or the other, Gerons OPC1 cells will begin to be used for spinal cord injury (soon). These cells are the real deal. I have seen proprietary information, that I don't have approval to post. In the meantime don't fall prey to modern-day snake oil sales people.

Desperate and Pathetic hey. does Wise recall the rugby player Mr. Cross being desperate and pathetic, i wonder?
    "ELE" ~ Jackie Moon

a little harsh?

Like it or not chadb is right.
    They’re many people who have traveled to other countries seeking a “miracle” cure. They’re desperation blinds them from seeing the truth. How many people have traveled to China or other countries for stem cell injections or other treatments and posting on this forum? None have reported significant improvement, yet they try to justify their treatment with some return in sensation, or they feel stronger.

Where are their posts now? I suspect the strength gain is likely because they finally did some intensive physical therapy, “It’s called working-out, exercise, or training”. Try it before you run off to some foreign country so you at least have a bench mark other than sitting on your butt all day, and do nothing but maybe type on a computer. If you’re a high level dependent injury, that’s even tougher to face, because all you have is hope. There are some who have encountered post surgery side effects, pain, infection, and who knows if any will, or have developed tumors.

I know this is calloused to hear, but face the truth, I can take the heat. Anyone who has been an SCI for more than 3-5 years has seen a great deal of progress toward a cure. From the moment we have suffered a SCI and become paralyzed we are consumed to be able-bodied again. We go through an emotional roller coaster ride of what life was like the day before we became injured, time tempers this consumption with reality and hope. A CURE will come.

Many scientists around the world are working to find the right combination to reverse the damage resulting from a SCI, Dr Young, Dr Davies, The Miami Project “now be nice about them ;-)” and others I haven’t mentioned, are so much closer today then 10 or 5 years ago. I make no prediction of when a cure will come, but the cure will come. Stay in good shape, focus on what you can do, not on what you can’t. Good luck comes to those who have put themselves in a position to be prepared for it when it’s before you.
    Last edited by Quadcessible; 06-08-2008 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipD
    Like it or not chadb is right.
    They’re many people who have traveled to other countries seeking a “miracle” cure. They’re desperation blinds them from seeing the truth. How many people have traveled to China or other countries for stem cell injections or other treatments and posting on this forum? None have reported significant improvement, yet they try to justify their treatment with some return in sensation, or they feel stronger.

Where are their posts now? I suspect the strength gain is likely because they finally did some intensive physical therapy, “It’s called working-out, exercise, or training”. Try it before you run off to some foreign country so you at least have a bench mark other than sitting on your butt all day, and do nothing but maybe type on a computer. If you’re a high level dependent injury, that’s even tougher to face, because all you have is hope. There are some who have encountered post surgery side effects, pain, infection, and who knows if any will, or have developed tumors.

I know this is calloused to hear, but face the truth, I can take the heat. Anyone who has been an SCI for more than 3-5 years has seen a great deal of progress toward a cure. From the moment we have suffered a SCI and become paralyzed we are consumed to be able-bodied again. We go through an emotional roller coaster ride of what life was like the day before we became injured, time tempers this consumption with reality and hope. A CURE will come.

Many scientists around the world are working to find the right combination to reverse the damage resulting from a SCI, Dr Young, Dr Davies, The Miami Project “now be nice about them ;-)” and others I haven’t mentioned, are so much closer today then 10 or 5 years ago. I make no prediction of when a cure will come, but the cure will come. Stay in good shape, focus on what you can do, not on what you can’t. Good luck comes to those who have put themselves in a position to be prepared for it when it’s before you.
    your using other cases to dismiss this one. no one here is qualified to approve or dismiss anything they haven't even seen first hand. dr wise knows the guy and they have agreed to meet so lets wait to get his response to all this. maybe its legit maybe its not. how can anyone just assume they understand something completely from behind a computer screne... yes we have all seen it before but to write off all procedures based on what you've seen in the past could prove to be foolish... unless you know dr sheroff or what she's doing you really don't know if its legit or not...

Has anyone on this forum been to india for this surgery? I had looked into doing this and was raising money to go but I was told by doctors here that the problem isn't growing nerves it was reattaching them. I have a t8 complete from a motorcycle accident on 9/27/07 and had a little over 50% of my spinal cord cut by bone fragments. I am looking to see if anything can help me get back to normal again? I have read that your body only needs 10% of your spinal cord to work your lower body and was wondering if anyone had input on this.

Thought I would throw this out for comment:

I received an email that indicates Dr. Shroff is going to hold/attend some sort of meeting with the Miami Project this month.

A collaboration on human trials or just a innocent tour of the Miami facility?

I will contact the source to see what more there is to this story. Thought some here might find this interesting.