Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stem Cell Patient Praises Maverick Indian Doctor

i have no problem with profit

but hey ain't the Nobel Prize worth a few and think of fame, news shows, book sales, the movie. yada yada yada
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Indian doc's stem cell treatment for Oz man comes under fire in UK

London, May 28 : Indian doctor Geeta Shroff's recent embryonic stem-cell treatment that made a paralyzed Aussie man breath on his own after 14 years, has raised a stink among Brit scientists.

The British doctors have voiced concern and skepticism over claims of the controversial treatment.

Perry Cross, 33, an Australian campaigner for stem-cell research, became a quadriplegic after a rugby injury at 19. He has no movement below his neck and has to use a ventilator to breathe.

He says that Dr. Shroff, who claims to produce and purify stem cells from human embryos, and use them to treat incurable conditions from renal failure to cerebral palsy, has helped him.

Dr Shroff has been labelled a dangerous maverick by doctors in India and elsewhere, but Cross is the latest patient to travel to her clinic to be injected with the cells - which are banned in his own country and most of the West.

more....

http://www.newkerala.com/one.php?act...lnews&id=65784

I know Perry Cross. If her treatment has allowed him to breathe on his own, I am ready to be a convert and reconsider all my statements about her therapy.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by manouli

London, May 28 : Indian doctor Geeta Shroff's recent embryonic stem-cell treatment that made a paralyzed Aussie man breath on his own after 14 years, has raised a stink among Brit scientists.

The British doctors have voiced concern and skepticism over claims of the controversial treatment.

Perry Cross, 33, an Australian campaigner for stem-cell research, became a quadriplegic after a rugby injury at 19. He has no movement below his neck and has to use a ventilator to breathe.

He says that Dr. Shroff, who claims to produce and purify stem cells from human embryos, and use them to treat incurable conditions from renal failure to cerebral palsy, has helped him.

Dr Shroff has been labelled a dangerous maverick by doctors in India and elsewhere, but Cross is the latest patient to travel to her clinic to be injected with the cells - which are banned in his own country and most of the West.

more....

http://www.newkerala.com/one.php?act...lnews&id=65784

Perry Cross is a very genuine & knowledgible man.
    Checkout 3 videos @ http://today.ninemsn.com.au/videoindex.aspx
    of another Para who had treatment & response from Aussie Stem Cell centre.
    All great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    I know Perry Cross. If her treatment has allowed him to breathe on his own, I am ready to be a convert and reconsider all my statements about her therapy.

Wise.

Thats interesting Dr. Wise. What about this particular case would cause you to cange your mind so dramatically? I mean she still isn't revealing much about her procedure...

If this is forreal I do think it is time for Dr. Sheroff to submit her procedure to some form of analysis. I'm all for helping people but you could help so much more by validating your work onm some level. Not to say Dr. Sheroff should apply for us clinical trial procedures, that would take another decade....

Dr Young, since you know him, would Mr Cross be willing to come here and tell us of his experiences?

Living attached to a ventilator has to be absolute hell and OJ puts it perfectly when she says it's like life or death hanging over you every moment of every day. I can only imagine!

What an accomplishment if this is the real deal! The first in line would be finally getting theirs!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42
    I see what you're saying now
    I understand that
    My response to you came out harsher than I intended it to. I apologize for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S
    Thats interesting Dr. Wise. What about this particular case would cause you to cange your mind so dramatically? I mean she still isn't revealing much about her procedure...

If this is forreal I do think it is time for Dr. Sheroff to submit her procedure to some form of analysis. I'm all for helping people but you could help so much more by validating your work onm some level. Not to say Dr. Sheroff should apply for us clinical trial procedures, that would take another decade....
    This is because I know Perry. Wise.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young

Wise.
    Wow! We finally moving in right direction?, aren't we?lol

I am thrilled that Perry can breathe without a vent! My son had to be on one twice during his recovery from initial SCI. We were told there was a chance that he would never be off of it. The whole thing was horrible along with complications. He fought his way back...but i wouldn't wish a lifetime with a vent on anyone. How fantastic for Perry!!!!!!!!!!!!