Thread: Me and the wife finally got high...

Me and the wife finally got high...

Well, we finally did it. We've been talking about it for a few months. We checked around and found somebody that would work with us. Kept putting it off and finally called him and he came by our house to hook us up. My lovely wife tried it first while I was at work and just had to tell me how it was and even had the nerve to tell me I would have to limit myself because it was soooo great.
    That night when I got home I tried it, and she was right. It is friggin awesome. I think I might be hooked. We even fight over it some.
    All in all, it is so worth it......I'll never go back to dial up again.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Classic!! I thought you were smoking the gonja! Ha Ha Ha!! Glad to hear that your not into that crap. -Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    Classic!! I thought you were smoking the gonja! Ha Ha Ha!! Glad to hear that your not into that crap. -Ed-
    Nah, the closest I ever got to drugs was my bee sting kit. That crap made my heart just race. If that is what drugs do, I'll pass.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Had me going Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMike
    I'll never go back to dial up again.
    I can guarantee that. I now have cable TV and broadband but want to kick my cable company to the curb and get DirectTV and broadband DSL. I'm gonna take a throughput cut (4mbps down to 1.5mbps or thereabouts) but am willing to. I hope 1.5mbps is fast enough... anything to give the boot to ol' Comcast. I think I'll save about 50 bucks a month too. Every month it seems as though Comcast tacks on another buck or two to its already outrageously priced service. I pay over $150 and channels 2-99 are still analog and their hi-def box is as slow as molasses. Give me a break.... take me awayyyy.

Hit Me ...then click on Open or Save.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Thumbs up

Hey Bob Clark, if you have been a loyal customer for years why not call and just ask them to lower your bill. They want to keep the customers they have had for a long period of time. Tell them you'd like $50 taken off the bill, but keep the same plan you have. My friend tried this and they lowered his bill because he threatend to fire them and go with Dish Network. -Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    Hey Bob Clark, if you have been a loyal customer for years why not call and just ask them to lower your bill. They want to keep the customers they have had for a long period of time. Tell them you'd like $50 taken off the bill, but keep the same plan you have. My friend tried this and they lowered his bill because he threatend to fire them and go with Dish Network. -Ed-
    Hi Nick,

I had Dishnet before Comcast finally offered broadband here so I went with cable. Now there's DSL available here too. Comcast's broadband service is like $42 a month if you have their cable TV service. Without their cable TV service, broadband alone is like $55. Outrageous. To pay my bill I have them electronically transfer funds out of my checking account and can't find a paper bill here right now but those prices are about right.

Thanks for the advice though, they probably would lower it a bit if I threatened to cut them off. But I don't think they'd go for a 33% cut.... although ya never know. And I wouldn't get the satisfaction of telling them to go to hell!

I'm just sick of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jeffereson
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Or:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Clark
    The tree of cable and satellite corporations must be refreshed from time to time with the money in the pool of potential media subscribers and their willingness to shop around and switch.
    The reception or picture quality of Comcast cable isn't near as good as Dishnet's was. They came out once to fix it and they adjusted the color and contrast settings on my TV set. I almost fell outta my chair! Leave MY damn settings alone and get me a decent signal out here. DirectTV has a much larger hi-def lineup too. And I can't imagine that any box could be as slow as Comcast's. Mostly on the hi-def channels... I mean it's like click and wait for 5-10 seconds before the channel is fully engaged. Maybe I have a bad box but it was checked out before and the guy blamed my LCD TV. Yeah, right. I can disconnect my LCD TV from the cable box and it's just as slow so their box is definitely the culprit. I can tell by the audio and the LED display on the cable box. Always try to blame the consumer when you don't what the hell you're doing. "Cable techician = Would you like fries with that order?"

And the DVI-D connector on the back of my cable box must be for appearances only. I bought two DVI-D cables and even the cable guy couldn't get them to work, so it's definitely the boxes' connector's fault. He was supposed to get back to me about whether the DVI-D outlet on my model box was a dummy but he never did. And I get sick of calling them and pressing buttons 1-32 to finally speak to a real person.... after waiting 15 minutes or more. I imagine DirectTV and Dishnet are probably the same but hopefully they have better "easy listening" music to wait by. Oh no, that's right... they don't play that annoying music anymore... they use the opportunity, since they have you as a captive audience, to try and sell ya more channels and Pay-Per-View events. Thank goodness for speaker phones with volume control!

I wish Congress would force them to go ala carte, I'm sick of paying for 100 channels that I never watch! So I blew 50 bucks on 2 DVI-D cables that are useless to me now. I investigated the box at the Motorola website and the DVI-D connector is supposed to work but who knows what corners each cable company may cut when they order their "personalized" boxes. Might be like Dell, etc. with all of their "proprietary hardware". My digital hi-def box is hooked up via 3 RCA cables... (I have the two audio cables plugged directly into a set of Klipsch powered speakers) ...my father used RCA cables on his Hi-Fi back in the 50's! The cable guy claimed and I kinda read the same thing on the Internet, that there isn't much difference in picture quality between the two modes but if I want digital output instead of analog output that's been converted to digital and back again, I should have the choice. Oh, and there's no HDMI outlet(s) on the cable box... that's wayyy too high tech!

The one thing I'm gonna miss with DirectTV is PBS but they're working out a deal now so it should probably be available soon.

I just got new eyeglasses too so want to watch hi-def the way it's meant to be viewed.

Thanks again Nick,

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Bob-

You WILL get PBS with DirectTV...I've got 'em and get my PBS station...actually, I think b/c of my locality I get more than one PBS(I'm not in a "metro" area so I get the overlap)...LOL...I LOVE LOVE LOVE DirectTV can't complain about 'em...even when I have had issues(one was an order, the other hardware) they've responded promptly, efficiently and beyond my expectations(including giving me a rebate on my monthly bill for six months due to an order not going through when it was supposed to)...I need to add the DSL to my package, but here it's not thru Direct, it's thru another co and they want obscene deposits...BAH! so for now I surf at other peoples' houses...LOL...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Haha, too funny.