Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Help with the OpenFES Project

Replied via email.

Java, Linux, or embedded/mechanical engineers who wish to donate time to the project please inquire at matt dot blanford at gmail dot com
    Last edited by mattblan; 10-05-2010 at 12:58 AM.

I am just about finished with the first version of the UI and the kernel drivers. You can check out the Java at http://openfes.googlecode.com/files/openfes.jar and if you have a beagleboard, you can get the kernel at http://openfes.googlecode.com/files/uImage_openfes_v0.2

Anyone

Is anyone interested in working on an embedded project this Summer? I was thinking of porting my FES UI from Java Swing to Android. Admittedly, I lost some motivation after I started making enough money to buy my Ergys but if I had someone to bounce ideas off I would pick it back up. I figure, at worst we could put it on our resume's and send them to Google/Apple. PM me if you are interested (and qualified).

M

Hey Matt,

Did you actually get to a working prototype stage?

Are you looking to put the code on a tablet or phone based device?

Cheers

BR

Rowing

Hi,
    There is an interesting project going on in Boston at Spaulding Rehab in Boston with rowing. I did not fit criteria for the study, but got some good ideas. I am using an Odstock FES system that I got from England. It works great. I know from experience that you need to develop some good quad strength before you start rowing because otherwise you develop a funky rowing pattern, that involves a double pull. There are some interesting videos on-line that go with the Spaulding study.
    However, I don't have the talent or skills you requested such as PT, engineer etc..

Hi Bikeracer,

I got everything except the juevos to hook up the AC. I was thinking of switching to Android development, but only because taking another step would mean I actually have to hook this thing up to myself.

Hi Moira,

I have been following the UK rowing projects, but I have had difficulty joining their circle. It seems like they share a ton of information, I just haven't been able to fit in. I got so far as to figure out what mechanical off-the-shelf rower they are using, how much power their FES units are putting out, but I dunno how many channels, anything about electrode placement, or firing patterns. I'm kinda jealous and I wish I could just pop in and ask somebody.

M

Housekeeping alert: This is a dead thread. I don't think it merits "sticky" status any longer. Matt, the OP, hasn't visited CC since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Housekeeping alert: This is a dead thread. I don't think it merits "sticky" status any longer. Matt, the OP, hasn't visited CC since 2011.
    Matt had a worthy goal. In his first post he had an .edu email address, which may not be good anymore, but why not try to contact him by it and pm for an update first.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Matt had a worthy goal. In his first post he had an .edu email address, which may not be good anymore, but why not try to contact him by it and pm for an update first.
    I kinda think that if he had an update worth sharing he would have done so already, no? Three years is a long time to stay away from CC after having been such an active member.
    At any rate, I'm not suggesting to obliterate the thread, which doesn't happen anyway, just to "demote" it from being a sticky.