Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Since the Chevy Monte Carlo is kaput...

Since the Chevy Monte Carlo is kaput...

What car has enough room to pull the wheelchair behind you?

Charger? Challenger?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz

Charger? Challenger?
    I don't know; those guys in Bullit had a Challenger and it didn't work out too well for them.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I don't see your level in your profile... I had a Monte carlo for a few years. I looked for a 2 door Honda Accord ( or Toyota Solara) I ended up with a great deal on a 2 dr. Acura which is the same body as Accord .

it has a little less room than the Monte carlo. A bit lower to the ground but all in all it gets the job done and chair stows well. I would suggest trying an Accord if you want a change, or similar... (there are too few 2 door cars left out there!)

I am t2/t3 para.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz

Charger? Challenger?
    Mustang, BMW 3 Series, Sebring (ick).... Lots of cars.

C.

I think the king of easy transfer would be the Toyota Solara, when I looked at one of those it seemed really perfect (although I only looked once). Mustang looks to be a contender also. The other day I checked out the Toyota Yaris...that sucker is pretty big inside, lots of headroom. Dumping my 18x18 frame on the passenger seat worked well, I would imagine throwing it in back could work too but I didnt want to tear up the car trying that. Yaris is dirt cheap too, under 15K including taxes for a nicely optioned ride and great mileage, kinda cute due to its ridiculusly tiny size. Can you tell I'm on a Yaris kick yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I think the king of easy transfer would be the Toyota Solara, when I looked at one of those it seemed really perfect (although I only looked once). Mustang looks to be a contender also. The other day I checked out the Toyota Yaris...that sucker is pretty big inside, lots of headroom. Dumping my 18x18 frame on the passenger seat worked well, I would imagine throwing it in back could work too but I didnt want to tear up the car trying that. Yaris is dirt cheap too, under 15K including taxes for a nicely optioned ride and great mileage, kinda cute due to its ridiculusly tiny size. Can you tell I'm on a Yaris kick yet?
    Thanks Andy. I wish Toyota with man-up the Solara. It's too girly-girl.

Despite its size, the Mini Cooper looks to have a lot of room to store a chair in the back.

Nissan Altima 2dr ... anyone have a look at these yet?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Check out the three door Saturn model. The doors open in opposite directions with no door pillar in the middle. It's sweet I would think for pulling a w/c into.

I have one of those, the Ion. I believe they stopped making them for the 2008 model year and replaced it with the Astra - no third door.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer

Nissan Altima 2dr ... anyone have a look at these yet?
    I have yet to see one in person, but on paper they look sweeeeeeet!!

Dave
    Dave