Thread: wheel chairs

wheel chairs

I am currently using a quickie gtx folding chair as well as a quickie revoultion (I thnk thast how you spell it ) I am not really happy with either one. Was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to pick a chair or who to call to maybe get demo chairs to try off. Am looking for one that really fits. I mean has the dump I need the camber angel i like the back support but all that stuff is hit or miss when your trying to place an order. I tried with both chairs to try differment things but nothing seems to be fitting just right. Feel like Goldylocks and the a Three Beasr just looking for the the thrid bed that fits just right. Well if anyone has any advice let me know.

Until someone with a more edified opinion pines in what i did was read as many posts herre as i could, used my experience with the first two cheap foldups i got and decide i wanted a cheap rigid...

And I couldnt be happier

Quote Originally Posted by RJP
    I am currently using a quickie gtx folding chair as well as a quickie revoultion (I thnk thast how you spell it ) I am not really happy with either one. Was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to pick a chair or who to call to maybe get demo chairs to try off. Am looking for one that really fits. I mean has the dump I need the camber angel i like the back support but all that stuff is hit or miss when your trying to place an order. I tried with both chairs to try differment things but nothing seems to be fitting just right. Feel like Goldylocks and the a Three Beasr just looking for the the thrid bed that fits just right. Well if anyone has any advice let me know.
    What didn't you like about the GTX model? I am currently looking for a new wheelchair that folds, but an having trouble deciding on what one to get that is also super lightweight. Its getting annoying hearing my relatives bitch because they can't put my Quickie GP chair into any of their vehicles, because it doesn't fold all the way (we have had to resort to using my Quickie Revolution chair full-time as a result, which I don't like because the front angle is not out enough).
    You might try shoping around at different medical supply shops and asking if they have demo chairs you can try out. This is what my friend did before he decided on the Invacare Top End Crossfire chair (he said that it was a toss-up between the Crossfire and the Quickie GT chair).

Jessie

ya its not that I dislike the gtx but its just what they ordered for me at the hospital and the pt that was doing the ordering just wrote down what she thought I would like cuz I had no clue. When I got it about 7 mths ago i was used to the quickie revolution which I dont mind, I was disappointed. Gong to make some changes and we will see.