Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where were we 10 years ago on SCI treatment and where will be at 10 years from now??

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla
    This is almost 2 years old, but still a big advancement of the last 10 years..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzdePQHyVQ
    Agree Paolo,

Kerr was also at the latest CDRF symposium in Atlanta. A researcher from here was there too, and he said there were many very interesting discussions and lectures at the symposium. The scientist from here promised he would give a report to our organisation over here about the symposium

Are we closer to a cure after 5 years? In 10 years will there be a cure?
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

I think it goes on like it is right now. I dont believe there is a day who clinicans are saying to me ´´there is a cure , i can fix you´´!! IMO it will stay a long time in this experimental stage , where you hear some things like ´´oh he got movement back because of treatment X´´ and ´´oh he got sensory back from treatment Y´´ But a certified treatment for chronic SCI .... pfff.....its so sad and I hope Im wrong but i think this is the way we have to go

Quote Originally Posted by KK11 View Post
    I think it goes on like it is right now. I dont believe there is a day who clinicans are saying to me ´´there is a cure , i can fix you´´!! IMO it will stay a long time in this experimental stage , where you hear some things like ´´oh he got movement back because of treatment X´´ and ´´oh he got sensory back from treatment Y´´ But a certified treatment for chronic SCI .... pfff.....its so sad and I hope Im wrong but i think this is the way we have to go
    arhhhhhhhhh so we are here to stay in these fucking things called chairs for ever then - great let me get that gun and end it now

Opps I have to come over to the USA where they have child guns which is all I need to do the job

Thanks for the tip

Ten years from now we will be still sitting unless we don't invent something to get chronic SCI research going at lightspeed.

That IMO can happen just by redirecting money currently wasted in questionable SCI research toward chronic SCI cure research.

If we just had a real cure movement...

Paolo

If the YouTube video comes up blank just put 'Doug Kerr' in the YouTube search block. The TMA records their symposiums also.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I predict little will change in the next 10 years. Ask Miami Project, they have been at it for almost 30 years - no one has benefited from MP, not even a finger twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    I predict little will change in the next 10 years. Ask Miami Project, they have been at it for almost 30 years - no one has benefited from MP, not even a finger twitch.
    gotta admit, it feels this way to me too.

It's a tough nut to crack, but we gotta all stay involved otherwise nothing WILL happen. I'm sending Dr. Young at keck $500.00 towards "fight for a cure" I meant to be at that event at BB King house of Blues in NYC last Thursday but have been in kind of a depression and was having trouble leaving the house. I never figured though 32 years ago when I was injured that there would not be more answers towards SCI improvements in the year 2013. Like I said, tough nut to crack. I feel worse for the more serious injuries than myself, I wish there were more answers to this horrible thing. I know it's really destroyed my life, I feel I woulda had a family, wife and kids had it not been for SCI.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 05-20-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Work like Neurogel, Regeneration Matrix plus all other cellular regenerative products at New World Labs, Wise in phase 3 trials just to mention a few, just the red tape needs snipping... theres viable treatments now..so very interested to see whats going to transpire.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..