Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ten Years Ago !

Hi, Obi - We share another piece of commonness - Matt's coming up on his 10th year anniversay in November. Ten years. It seems like such a lifetime ago. We're all different people. Sadder - wiser, maybe? - and look for each little ray of sunshine every day.

Obi...

Bill sounds so much like Don... It will be 3 years on May 28th...Don fell out of a tree he was trimming in our back yard... what is it about trees??

You are such a gift to Care Cure...Thank you for being here! And give our love to your family.

Sieg and Don

Sorry for your pain Obi. (hugs)
    I wish it was different for all of us.

Obie

We, as a community, feel your pain and shed tears right along with you.

Your words of wisdom and encouragement are part of what makes this a wonderful place to visit.

I'm deflecting some of that "light" that you send out so generously right back to you ~ to surround you and give you some peace ~ I hope.

Shelley

Thanks for the kind words everyone ...... the day slipped away uneventfully .... except for the weather .... which mirrored my mood .... one minute sunshiney, balmy and warm .... next minute grey, overcast with a hint of rain in the air !!

On the upside we enjoyed a nice family barbeque ..... drank a little of the grape .... Bill got into the house on the new ramp and was able to eyeball the renos's so far ... it was a funny emotional moment .... like I was on a first date .... we haven't been together in the same household on an equal playing field since last fall .... I felt like a blushing bride ..... life living with sci ..... always an adventure!!

You guys are great ...... I felt the light ... tonight ....

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I wish I had something more to offer but I am a bit lost for words right now. I think of all the wonderful people I have met on here, you and your daughter included, and it always makes me very sad when I think about the reasons why all our paths have crossed. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and your family. Your light shines bright and I feel very fortunate to have come to know you over the past 2 years.

This little light of Obione's

That's Obieone's (Sp above, yes I have that much OCD again)

Your light carried me through the darkest days of my life, then on into some darker, and then up out into the light again. I will not forget this, never in my days how you listened to me and helped me just process, and because of you and your light and willingness, I am a better nurse, friend and woman. There is no option for us but to all go ahead and move forward. I am proud to be your friend, and proud to be a recipient of your transient healing energies. You made a believer out of me.

Blessings...Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Hello Obie,

If you were living a little bit closer I would have made Lutefisk or Leg of lamb for you (and maybe some whale)

May the force be with you.

Say, Obie, you've brought and bring so much good energy and light to the CCC; to lose you would by a great loss.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane