Thread: Ibot

Ibot

My wife got a chance to test a IBOT yesterday this thing is cool. she was scared at first but got the hang of it. she even tryed going up a few stairs lol it was great to see her so happy.

Ibot?

IS the Ibot available for purchase?

The Ibot has been available for purchase for at least 3 years now. The problem is not availability. It is getting funding for it. The last I checked, it was $27,000 and that did not include the mandatory training (8 hours minimum). Many insurances will not cover it.

(KLD)

Thats true is $27,000 but if my wife regains enogh mobility to go back to work her insurance will pay for it for her. But thats if she returns to work. The good thing is my wife got the long term disability insurance about 2 yrs ago when we had to put her mom in a hospice. it is paying for stuff the social workers at the hospital only dreamed of. im very glad she purchased that policie.

I have had an IBOT for over a year. You will find the 4 wheel drive the greatest. No more getting stuck in grass, gravel, or snow.
    Stairs by yourself are a draw back do to handrail length. They are to short or there are none.
    Is it worth the money? You bet I will not go with out one after having it.
    Hang in there.
    Semper Fi

Awesome dizzal! I can feel your love for your wife!
    You are so blessed to have each other.
    An angel was whispering in her ear when she bought that ins. policy.
    I like hearing your faith. God bless y'all.

$27,000 isn't that far off. Permobil charges $35,000 for a non-standing chair as well as Redman. A TDX six wheel chair that doesn't stand is $25,000. So as far as electric chairs go, it's less than some of those that don't do nearly as much.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

That is so great that she had the experience of that level of mobility. I would love one of those suckers, but my insurance certainly isn't going to go for it. My current chair came in at just about $22000.00, but they needed to be convinced about my needing to tilt to an almost horizontal position periodically. I hope your wife's insurance comes through!

Just keep in mind that the stair climbing function requires good strong grip and use of the arms to do independently, otherwise someone with training will need to assist her.

Also, as with most power chairs, the company says it is not rating for riding in while traveling in a vehicle (ie, bus, van, etc.)

(KLD)

For now the IBOT is just a dream im just glad she do have some options for later.