Since my accident back in August 2007, my spasticity has gotten worse and worse. I started taking 5mg of baclofen 2x a day. Now I am taking 80mg 3x a day and supplimenting that with 8mg of zanaflex 3x a day. Even those doses are not touching this terrible spasticity.
My legs literally feel like they are being pulled out of my hips. My muscles get hard and are being pulled so bad it feels like they are ripping. My legs get as hard as rocks and are both as stiff boards. When I lay down in bed and this happens, I can't even break it by pulling my legs up towards me. I can't roll over either. The pain is so bad, I can't even describe it to my doctor who prescribes my medication and he doesn't have a clue how bad the pain is because nothing he's prescribed even touches the pain.
Anyway-- here is my question: Would a baclofen pump be a good solution to this issue? I have heard some things about it, but not a lot. Please if anyone knows anything about this share your insight with me. I feel desperate because I can not live with this type of pain and spasms. It is a 10 out of 10 with regards to pain and discomfort.
Please anything you know about this would be great!